Police union threatens "surprise" for Quentin Tarantino

‘5.’ Dissolve police unions.
People with granted authority deserve less rights not more.

8 Likes

All this talk about the element of surprise… maybe they’re just planning on spoiling Tarantino’s movies?

6 Likes

But who watches the watchmen?

4 Likes

What an incredibly stupid threat. If Tarantino is so much as pulled over for a bad tail light, people will start wondering if its harassment as part of the “surprise.”

8 Likes

Outside of hi-jacking a Black movement like only Sir Whitey can, here’s the deal with Tarantino Here’s something more interesting thing to ponder . . . we all know why the right would focus on this. But WHY - dear God why - is the left wing focusing so hard on him?? What happened to the movement?

At this point, it’s like, who cares about Black Lives Matter!? WHATEVER! So last year. Now Sir Whitey is FRONT AND CENTER - that’s ALL that MATTERS now.

ADMIT IT!! Left wing media is JUST as interested as installing a white leader as the right is as the right is. Google “tarantino” you’ll see . . .

3 Likes

That’s an odd way to spell “Praetorian guard”.

When you create an unaccountable police force, security service (or army as in Thailand or Egypt), at some point they will run the government. At that point it ceases to matter if individual police are clowns (just as with politicians): they are clowns with the power to do great evil.
Charlie Chaplin demonstrated how thin was the dividing line between Hitler and a clown. And W B Yeats classified the IRA as both fanatics and clowns ("Those fanatics all that we would undo/down the fanatic, down the clown)

11 Likes

Hey, let’s not make judgments until the surprise has been revealed. It could be a surprise party with cake and balloons. Actually, that would be a really good way to salvage this, if the police suddenly became actual human beings with a sense of humor and a distinction between right and wrong.

20 Likes

Everyone dies, except the hero, in gruesome ways.

Oops…spoiler alert!

5 Likes

Dear Mr. Pasco- roses are always an option.

2 Likes

If any of their members decide to go see the movie I wonder what can happen to them. Maybe they would get a “surprise” too.

2 Likes

So what will the morons in blue do?
Ohhhh a boycott you say?
Ask N.W.A. how well the cops boycotting them turned out.

(Hint: $$$$$$$$ )

4 Likes

We are way past the point where the officers involved care about their public image. They want to be feared, as long as it comes with the lip service of public worship. There’s no downside to them if this happens.

I am still curious if this is going to be a PR stunt or boycott, or if they will just outright arrest or kill him on trumped up charges.

6 Likes

And as long as the public obliges them this, police will probably continue the same tactics.

3 Likes

My first thought was that Tarantino would find himself on the receiving end of a drug raid soon. It doesn’t seem entirely unthinkable that Tarantino and people around him may have shown a somewhat relaxed attitude towards narcotics regulation. Usually it is understood that major Hollywood figures are not the sort of drug user whose life the war on drugs is supposed to ruin and as long as nobody dies, nobody cares. His shocking lack of respect could make him an exception.

6 Likes

Up til I read this sentence, I thought your post was brilliantly cynical.

4 Likes

Mod note: Stay on topic.

2 Likes

Discussions like this one get really complicated really fast. I am not sure how to answer that.

What a bucket of dicks.

1 Like

Time for the Fraternal Order of Police to print up some THUG LIFE t-shirts.

4 Likes

What left-wing media? Examples? I hope you don’t mean the actually right-wing corporate media, among which Foxy News is just a further right-wing wing?

12 Likes