Police union threatens "surprise" for Quentin Tarantino

which should be a crime in itself.

12 Likes

True, but most media isn’t corporate media. Although people seem to forget this every few seconds.

1 Like

So is being a cop. The license to troop can be revoked if they misbehave.

(sad trombone sound)

13 Likes

Man that’s weird when someone joins BB and immediately posts a comment, and they aren’t an asshole. Hey, @James_Duvall! Welcome to BB! Seriously.

That whole Camel-case thing though, weird.

3 Likes

Gone too soon. Asshole. Filmmaking is free speech, and is therefore a right.

9 Likes

So many good cops staying silent.

18 Likes

It’s not like Tarantino said “all cops are bad”, he said “if you believe there’s murder going on then you need to rise up and stand up against it”, in other words he said “murder is bad”, but cops don’t like that because it implies that when they kill someone it’s “murder”-- no no no, that’s what the “bad guys” do, not cops, never cops.

“If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere
insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to
separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line
dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And
who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?”
–Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

15 Likes

You should, he’s a master craftsman. But don’t take the kids, his movies are very violent.

4 Likes

laughing_tyger’s posts are so poorly written that’s it’s tough to figure out what he/she is actually saying. My first guess was they they were pro-Black Lives Matter (the “who cares about Black Lives Matter” was sarcasm, I thought), and were just angry at “whitey” for spending any time defending Tarantino (who was apparently hijacking the movement), but then the next comment seems to be pro-police/anti-Tarantino, so who knows what laughing_tyger is on about.

11 Likes

Of course, but when they say “the media” or “the lamestream” media, most people mean (without realizing it, or at least, thinking about it), corporate media.

Yeah. Not worthy of engagement really, guess I got suckered into it again.

10 Likes

I would think that publicly announcing you are using your position of power as a police officer and police resources to carry out a personal vendetta would be immediate grounds for being fired, and grounds to have criminal charges and civil lawsuits levied against you. Surprise!

my exact thought as well.

10 Likes

Oh yeah and also, a big thanks to the Police union for letting me know there’s a new Tarantino movie coming out, called “The Hateful Eight”. I wouldn’t have known shit about it otherwise.

11 Likes

Tarantino spent a whole weekend in October at a big anti-police-brutality conference in New York, consorting with known commies like Carl Dix and Cornel West. The pause button on the Red Scare and the Hollywood Blacklist has been unpaused.

3 Likes

The police: subtlety is not their forte.

3 Likes

This is from the New Oxford dictionary that comes with OSX:

murder (noun): the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another [italics added]

So…

5 Likes

Things break…

9 Likes

i don’t think authority means what police think it means either… or most people said to be authorities for that matter. it’s a responsibility, not a privilege, not a right.

1 Like

Something something RICO Act…

2 Likes

So it’s not above the MO or tactics of the LAPD to plant contraband… and they invented the no knock raid…and given his public image, nobody’s going to believe Quentin when he claims that the drugs weren’t his.
And it’s not going to be about railroading him, per se, it’s going to be about tying him and distracting him with a lengthy trial that his lawyers are going to eventually win. Oh, and about trashing his house during the search for ‘illicit contraband’. Possibly about manhandling him and putting into general pop at the LA country jail. And only very faintly about killing him ‘while resisting arrest’.

Such oppresion is the nature of authoritarian regimes such as the United States.

11 Likes