Politico: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg held secret meetings with conservative pundits and politicians

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/14/politico-facebook-ceo-mark-zu.html

6 Likes

Unfuck Zuck and DELETE FACEBOOK.

35 Likes

Lady, I like the cut of your jib.

#DELETEFACEBOOK

16 Likes

As with United Airlines (ETA: and Apple, and the NBA, etc. …), make no mistake: for private corporations, the impulse will always be to appease a conservative over doing the same for a progressive, even if that conservative is a right-wing populist bigot like Tucker Carlson. Fascist regimes have a track record of ruining economies in the medium- to long-term, but the the executives and shareholders of “slow AIs” care only about the next fiscal quarter or two.

19 Likes

Fox News host Tucker Carlson, who has fingered Zuckerberg

Yeah, that sounds about right…

11 Likes

Accusing FB or other social media of being biased against conservatives is the same ploy as “liberal media bias”-- it puts those entities on the defensive, makes them water down content to mollify conservatives. Or worse.

4 Likes

source%20(1)

9 Likes

eWGLi3t

5 Likes

So maybe Elizabeth Warren wasn’t so far off the mark after all…

7 Likes

Somebody has kompromising information on Zuck.

I’ll bet he fell for a Russian honeypot just like most of the top NRA brass.

3 Likes

I’d guess no, just wants a continuation of the tax cut Trump gave him, and not to have any investigation or accountability for Cambridge Analytica. And whatever’s the likely successor to Cambridge Analytica.

7 Likes

Maybe they were just trading smoked meat recipes

Have you ever noticed that Mark Zuckerberg’s face always looks greasy?

1 Like

This shouldn’t be remotely surprising if you know who his Public Policy Director is.

1 Like

Slightly off topic, but I remain surprised that he didn’t call his new crypto currency Facebucks.

4 Likes

This is exactly what a liberal does? (I know he’s really a liberal because the establishment media tell me he is and they can always be trusted, right?)

2 Likes

Facebook is evil.

1 Like

Surveillance capitalists have “many strategies to protect themselves from the law. Lobbying, political capture, other economic methods that we associate with cartelisation.”

1 Like

Because of course he did.

2 Likes

Even his eyes look greasy.

1 Like