Poll shows Trump's base divorced from reality

58 posts were split to a new topic: Sympathy for the T****sters

They can’t handle complexity. They want “daddy” figures to manage their lives… and “daddies” are always right.

6 Likes

well, i for one don’t need a poll to be certain of this.

13 Likes

Possibly more importantly, he went to Iowa, and give some speeches. As bad as he is at governing, he’s worse at speechifying. He rubs crowds the wrong way.

2 Likes

“Nazis do not need a hug.”

15 Likes

14 Likes

Hate is the only policy the gQp has successfully implemented.

15 Likes

Stupid people are stupid. Sub-100 IQs.

That works especially well for things like abolishing Obamacare, because people don’t realise “Obamacare” is actually their own health insurance. (How can it be when it has “Obama” in its name?)

4 Likes

It’s interesting that her comments were borne out by results of polling of the orange menace’s base. I’m not sure of the exact numbers the polls indicated - and there may have been some drift over the years - but she was largely right. She indicated about half; since some of them have left the party (at least publicly), the hateful components have maybe grown more concentrated in the years since.

I suspect that’s why the tone police and the purity pony types AND the hard right came down like a ton of bricks on her: she was right.

It’s funny how the extreme right is now trying to tie ronnie’s “listless vessels” comment to Hillary’s “basket of deplorables”. I think they don’t know how right that comparison is, even though ronnie is just as extreme as the orange one, certainly in an ideological sense.

1 Like

(I guess I’ve been listening to too much Harry Shearer, that I want to hear that phrase in Tom Brokaw’s voice.)

1 Like

… for those who missed it

2 Likes

L’État , c’est moi

Yup, about that.

7 Likes

I remember seeing a photo of Kenyan students protesting against president Daniel arap Moi. One of their placards read “L’ETAT, C’EST MOI”.

2 Likes

Makes sense

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.