Desperate DeSantis concedes Trump's 2020 loss while trying to appease MAGA voters

Originally published at: Desperate DeSantis concedes Trump's 2020 loss while trying to appease MAGA voters | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Sorest losers ever.

10 Likes

Honestly I think he and Pence probably could have won over at least a few of the MAGA freaks if they’d come down decisively one way or another from the beginning instead of being so wishy-washy. Trump voters don’t much care what the facts are, but they have nothing but contempt for anyone they perceive as “weak.”

10 Likes

Who the hell knows what kind of surrealistic shitshow the GOP primaries are going to be. But his campaign has been floundering from day one, so he may as well just come right out and say it.

3 Likes

Assuming the world stays upright and Biden wins a second term, and Hunter finishes his case - conviction or settlement - I look forward to the MAGAnuts no longer bringing up the obviously fake laptop story anymore.

What? They’re still chanting to lock Hillary up? They’re a few fries short of a Happy Meal, eh?

5 Likes

'k so a (failed) insurrection and dozens of (failed) court suits weren’t ‘fighting back when it was happening’?

I can only infer that he sees a successful civil war as the solution.

“a good-run election”? This buffoon graduated from university with a law degree? I know pre-school children with a better command of the English language.

6 Likes

They literally did. :rage:

6 Likes

Trumpf is like a centrifuge for enriching stupidity. The more he spins, the stupider his remarks get and the more dense his followers become. But they never leave his orbit and gravitate to any other candidate.

Why is that? He’s not likeable; he’s cruel. DeSantis is as cruel as Trump, but doesn’t attract voters. Christie is solid on message, never wavering, but he doesn’t attract voters. Even stealing pages from his playbook (it’s just a coloring book with Xs and Os, but that doesn’t matter), the best and brightest of that extremely dim party can’t hold a candle to Trump.

I think it’s because most of the remaining MAGAts imagine themselves as violent heroes and think they want a war. They have a dozen guns each, thousands of rounds of ammo, and want any excuse to start shooting a bunch of liberals, commies, gays, whatever they can. And Trumpf keeps them on the edge of excitement with his “stand by and stand ready” rhetoric.

The only person who can defuse those idiots is Trumpf, and there’s zero chance he’ll do it voluntarily.

13 Likes

That was a pretty impressive Gish Gallop. And filled with too many errors and omissions to unravel in real time, which I guess is the point.

Anyway, it’s encouraging to see just how unlikable and uninspiring Ron DeSantis really is.

10 Likes

Thank you. Came here for this.

3 Likes

Christ, what an asshat.

4 Likes

I am struck by how much like a Midjourney generated image of Ron DeSantis the “real” Ron DeSantis looks on high definition TV.

2 Likes

And who can forget the Republicans’ refrain:

2 Likes

Has anyone ever told him you don’t have to swear on a Bible?

1 Like

… I must post this meme in every RDS topic now

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.