Poll: Trump at 1% among black voters

#Poll: Trump at 1% among black voters

Gee…

7 Likes

Yet more evidence in favor of teaching Dungeons & Dragons in schools.

17 Likes

Trump does have Diamond and Silk backing him. He retweets every one of their sycophantic rambles. So that’s like two supporters.

2 Likes

Two self hating ‘Mammy’ archetypes; he can keep them, right along with Stacey Dash (Jezebel) and Omarosa (Sapphire).

That’s about it for his support amongst one dimensional Black female stereotypes; anybody with enough low self esteem or too much overzealous ambition can be bought.

5 Likes

There’s this guy punching a Trump protester, I can only assume this is a sign of support.

1 Like

I find it troubling that a candidate could potentially win and rule the country without getting a single vote from an entire ethnic group, especially when their campaign seems to be mostly based on encouraging discrimination and violence towards any group that isn’t white Christian men. That sounds less like representative democracy and more like straight-up mob rule.

16 Likes

1%? You have to wonder what that 1% see that the other 99% don’t. It’s like that “4 out of 5 dentists” thing. What does the 5th dentist recommend?

3 Likes

At least for gum, inevitably the 5th recommends not chewing gum, sugarless or otherwise. (Can’t believe what’s stored in my long-term memory sometimes, but as I started to type this reply, I remembered that Uncle Cecil addressed this in The Straight Dope way back in 1980.)

11 Likes

The other thing to consider is, who are they polling to get these statistics? I know that when we get a phone call asking us if we’d be willing to answer a few questions, the answer is always “No thanks. (click)”

So not only is Trump at 1% of black voters. He’s at 1% of black voters who are willing to answer the pollster’s questions and not hang up on them. Talk about a vanishingly small demographic.

6 Likes

My son asked the same question, and I pointed out there’s always that guy in the Dallas Cowboys cap - the guy who just pisses off everybody because he likes to. I’m pretty sure they come in black, too.

4 Likes

I’d forgotten this until now but the brother of slain civil rights leader Medgar Evers endorsed Trump in March. It doesn’t surprise me that endorsement hasn’t helped Trump.

http://www.npr.org/2016/03/08/469723180/brother-of-civil-rights-leader-medgar-evers-on-donald-trump-endorsement

3 Likes

It’s just Ben Carson, Herman Cain, and Alan Keyes.

4 Likes

Well, Don King is supporting him, for example. I loathe Don King, but I’m reluctant to call him an idiot. “shameless opportunist”, maybe, or “utterly lacking a moral compass” perhaps, but not “idiot.”

Presumably King isn’t the only one interested in being a kapo.

2 Likes

or as an integer rather than a percentage

7 Likes

So…those housing discrimination lawsuits weren’t accusing - they were charging him?

Whatever these folks are smoking - it’s not legal in my state. Damn it.

1 Like

Brutal. I love it.

I know right? I started a medication recently and the prescribing doctor told me that the most serious side effects only occur in less than 5% of people taking the medication. I was all like “that’s one in twenty, that’s super high” and he assured me I was on a really low dose.

1 Like

One of those 1% must be Clayton Bigsby.

1 Like

Yeah, if you find 0.53345% in your survey with a >2% margin of error, adding in even a single decimal place gives a false impression of precision.

4 Likes

Trump has always claimed to be a one percenter

8 Likes