Poll: Trump at 1% among black voters

Yeah, I do feel like negative 1.4% seems a bit too high. I’d expect more like negative 5% at highest.

Oh, sheesh. That’s pathetic on multiple levels. Not just the “Some of his friends people he speaks to in public are black!” Not just that they couldn’t come up with even six. But the obviously false assertion that he’s never been accused of racism when we have the decades of legal actions against him. Oh, and also the implication that he’s being baselessly accused by Democrats for political advantage. Leaving aside his many blatantly racist statements, he even has Republicans who are ostensibly supporting him calling him racist. How much reality does one have to ignore to think that makes sense?

13 Likes

This dude again?

Or that someone should do research on the incidence of black property developers with suspect hair and anti-Mexican and Muslim views.

1 Like

Apparently, it was a survey of 1610 phone calls, of which 11% identified as black; 1% of those said they’d vote for Trump. That’s a total of 1.7 people.

If the 11% was rounded down from 11.4999%, and the 1% was rounded down from 1.49999%, that would still mean they only found 2 black voters for Trump.

They also asked “Which comes closest to your view about Donald Trump: I will definitely vote for him; I will probably vote for him; I will probably not vote for him; or I will never vote for him?”

Black voters replied:
Definitely: 0%
Probably: 0%
Probably not: 17%
Never: 83%

5 Likes

The 5th dentist responds “it’s inane to ask me about gum, I’m a dentist. I recommend brushing after meals.”

6 Likes

I think it was a standup comic (and not about Trump, but about that friends-are-black statement in general), but it might have been in another context, but they said something like, “Friends are people you would trust to look after your kids when you have a medical emergency. You don’t have any black friends!”

Well, if only 11% of 1610 responses were black voters, that’s 177 people, which gives a margin of error of 7.3%. So, yeah, -5% is well within range.

4 Likes

It is interesting that Trump doesn’t even try to pivot to centre, it seems. At least, not in terms of ethnic support.

Maybe that works for your friends. My friends I know well enough to not trust them with my cats.

6 Likes

I’ve been saying this for months. Trump isn’t going to pivot to the centre; he’s choosing to base his campaign on hard-right racism, violence and voter suppression.

The repeated Nazi-themed gaffes aren’t gaffes; they’re intentional.

6 Likes

No matter how much some people hate themselves, they will never be accepted by those who have ingrained in them such self loathing.

You’d think that would be clear by now, but no…

I bet Clayton Bigsby votes Trump.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.