Pompeo entertains suggestion of swapping Anne Sacoolas for Prince Andrew; UK says "no haggling"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/30/pompeo-entertains-suggestion-o.html

2 Likes

I have a long list of d-bags the Britts are welcome to, no take backs though, all sales final.

8 Likes

While the government may not be haggling, I suspect that there are many people in the UK whose only question about this proposal would be “Do you want that gift-wrapped?”

22 Likes

We’ll throw in de Pfeffel for free.

15 Likes

I kind of doubt that the UK government, with their giant boner for the royal family, would resort to treating Prince Andrew as a piece to be traded. However i would welcome it if they did.

2 Likes

We’ve had a chinwag, and have come to a decision.

Seeing as we’re now haggling… You can have Prince Andrew.

But you have to also take Piers Morgan, Katie Hopkins and Nigel Farage. And never let them come back to the UK.

10 Likes

They took him for a bit, but apparently we didn’t say “no backsies” quickly enough.

8 Likes

But the risk is that they might send Trumpty Dumpty in return! No thanks.

3 Likes

We already have somewhere to store him

7 Likes

Why have I never heard of Tory Island before? I mean, I know that’s just Great Britain after the recent election, but there’s a real Tory Island? I’m going to have to go and sleep on this.

2 Likes

Why? Is there a party at Mar-a-logo?

2 Likes

Yes, it’s just off the coast of Ireland-

Which makes sense, because the word Tory originally meant “Irish cattle-thief”, and was used as an insult against one political group, until they decided to reclaim the insult and took it as their faction’s actual name- which is why we know the UK’s reactionary party by that name to this day.

Oddly enough, the “reclaimed insult” thing also happened with the other political group of the time- the Whigs. So for centuries, the british political system had two parties proudly sporting slurs against themselves as their labels.

10 Likes

I suggested this exact swap several days ago. Anne Sacoolas should 100% be sent back to the UK to face the consequences of her actions.

1 Like

But why would anyone trust words coming out the the mouth of a known liar?

2 Likes

Pompeo? or Andrew? Im sure they both apply

3 Likes

Wait, did Pompeo just say something a) clever, and b) sorta truthful?
Is that even possible?

Both Sacoolas and Prince A sure are acting like guilty folks.

I can see it now.

Its snowing, for some reason, in the St Pancras departure area.

The USA has sent Ghislaine Maxwell to positively identify Prince Andrew.

Tom Hanks steps out of the Eurostar with Anne Sacoolas, both dressed in heavy coats. Hank’s coat is on loan from from Boris Johnston

Suddenly, Maxwell makes a run for it…

It doesn’t work like this. Wrong colony.

We already took back Piers Morgan, what more do you want?!

2 Likes

The Tory party gets its name from an archaic Irish word for bandit or thief.

I don’t know but maybe the island had pirates? Will get back.
Sorry see @Purplecat got there first!

2 Likes