"Pooky Park" is an 1950s-style AI nightmare fuel TV commercial

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/01/20/pooky-park-is-an-1950s-style-ai-nightmare-fuel-tv-commercial.html

6 Likes

7 Likes

I think we’ve finally found what AI is superior to humans in creating: horror movies. And that voiceover voice was 100% spot-on period accurate.

7 Likes

Real life tries pretty hard.

8 Likes

Also: Today I Learned that “Escape from Tomorrow” full movie is available on youtube.

7 Likes

oh awesome, thanks for sharing this!

2 Likes

amazing!

2 Likes

Yeah, the very nature of the “AI” generated images is fundamentally uncanny. Images shift and mutate, there’s no distinction between different entities and objects that blend together and merge unexpectedly…

I don’t expect that these fundamental issues will ever completely go away, so I wonder if at some point people will just become inured to the shifting entities and plasticity of reality in the visual culture and it won’t bother them. (At least consciously…)

1 Like

Yep.

The things those young kids must have seen. 0_o

3 Likes

Obligatory

Kill It With Fire GIF

1 Like

I don’t feel this is better or creepier in any respect for being generated by “AI.” A short film with actors and actual puppets chasing park-goers down to assimilate them, even if poorly done, would probably have been more effective. Or at least amusing. This was just cheaper to create and harder to watch because of the terrible animation.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.