Poor guy stuck in a chairlift for hours really needs to pee

Yes, because having monthly bleeding and cramps for about 40 years is such an advantage in life! /s

6 Likes

Probably better to keep them on and let the slope spread out the impact (drop from a hang), same way people land from big jumps.

1 Like

Those jumps have the slope blended into the expected trajectory of the skier…this one, not so . The ski patrol will tell them to stay put and it is in their interest to do so. I used to work for a company that had a private gondola up to the peak of a mountain in the Rockies…it was over 9000 ft to the top. Because it had no tourist traffic, the pylons were father apart than they otherwise would be; when the wind got up there would be a lot of sway, and it was apparently deceptive how high it was over the snow (I never got to ride this thing unfortunately). Workers could get stuck on the tram between two pylons if the wind came up unexpectedly and have to wait it out, with the gondola swinging large arcs between supports . Sometimes people in this circumstance would want to jump and had to be firmly cautioned against it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The audio has more detail.

Whoa…time out. I never said any of those things.

I merely made a joke (poorly apparently), about how it’s easier for a guy to pee outside. That’s it.

I’ve been on BBS daily for going on 8 years now. Check my record. I have been an advocate for equality on all fronts. I don’t need to defend myself against claims I never made.

I’m out. Peace.

1 Like

Indeed, you did.

Have a good day.

1 Like

Yeah, that makes sense. It’s not very steep in the first place and it doesn’t curve; it’s a bad idea to jump.

Still, I’m curious - if you had to, how would you do it? (gun to your head, I understand it’s a terrible idea).

Edit: I may change my vote to this approach: High Dive into Small Kiddie Pool - YouTube

1 Like

I think I’d take the skis off, if the snow was hard packed, then at least you would project a bit into the snow rather than stop immediately when your skis hit…and then, if you have any but vertical speed you’ll probably break an ankle if your feet do project into the snow. Every kid I knew while growing up in a snowy, mountainous area tried jumping off their home’s roof into deep snow, because why wouldn’t you. What usually happened is you get buried at least up to your waist and the snow sort of hardens around you. Even though it seems ‘soft’ you can break a leg doing it. And it isn’t as small an impact as you expect it to be, maybe compounded by the fact you can’t compress and roll like the parkour people do. So I only did it about ten times :wink:
HA, just saw your video update…ouch.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.