Poor Marjorie Taylor Greene cries about "insane woman" who "attacked" her — and Parkland survivor really gets it

9 Likes

Oh, I so hope she didn’t make this up whole-cloth and that there is video.

I have some Jiffypop in my kitchen, just waiting…

11 Likes

Schitts Creek Girl GIF by CBC

11 Likes

This has the potential of becoming a reality tv series, “Yellin’ On EmTee”.

1 Like

Remember when that was a MAGA thing?
Seems the worm has turned…

12 Likes

But their feelings are DIFFERENT!!! /s

It really is pure projection with those jackasses, isn’t it?

11 Likes

tom cruise projector GIF

Every time, without fail. You betcha.

8 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been really curious. Her lack of detail suggests that if we had a full and accurate accounting, it would only make her look (more) ridiculous.

That seems the only certainty in this situation, assuming she didn’t entirely invent the whole scenario. Odds are, how she regularly treats other people is significantly worse than however she was treated. That her response was along the lines of, “Wow, people are so rude nowadays, how did that happen?” and not “I was in fear for my life!” suggests it was a big nothing.

Given Marge’s tenuous grip on/outright rejection of reality, you know her version has to be a fiction on some level.

I suspect I would just find it more enraging, as it would be a case of, “That? That’s what you’re playing the victim over? They were downright polite, given who they were talking to.”

It was always a double standard on the part of the right, though - “fuck your feelings (ours are the important ones),” alternating abuse with pearl-clutching.

10 Likes

If I were him, I’d find it exhilarating. If they are mad at him, it means he’s making an impact and moving the needle.

If they just ignored him, well, that would mean that he was a lonely voice in the wilderness not making a difference.

People in a position of strength don’t need to make a show of it.

“Please proceed, Governor.”

1 Like

He’s still facing regular death threats and a nonstop barrage of insults belittling him personally along with the needless deaths of dozens of his classmates.

He obviously believes in the value of what he’s doing, but I doubt “exhilarating” is likely the right way to describe his experience. He’s still a human being.

12 Likes

go, David Hogg. i’m sure he took a measure of comfort in the knowledge that this day would come eventually. it doesn’t erase the trauma, but it’s gotta be something.

11 Likes

Awkward Krieger GIF by Archer

7 Likes

I do; it’s exactly why I chose that phrasing specifically.

8 Likes

didn’t madge also make up a swatting incident on her home? didn’t she also do it a second time? nothing ever came of it, just some outraged tweets about how it sucks to be her in such a “hateful world today”.
yeah. she’s making this shit up.

10 Likes

Civility is earned. Crazy people who harass co workers and mass shooting victims don’t deserve it anywhere in public.

4 Likes

I don’t know if it was ever proven that it was faked? It’s entirely possible that it happened, as she’s a high profile person?

Either way, that’s true.

7 Likes

I suspect literally nothing happened and she’s just lying.

11 Likes

We are getting ever closer to the headline,

“Representative Greene fatally shoots herself getting gun from her purse”

2 Likes

I was about to joke that it was simply the daily newspaper hitting the front door, but then I remembered Margie’s reading comprehension level doesn’t even meet the minimum standards to understand the comics page. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

tv land GIF by YoungerTV

She can always read Dilbert…

Not Funny Smile GIF by The Drew Barrymore Show

8 Likes