Popular new conservative activist turns out to be antisemitic conspiracy theorist

Again, decent campaign finance laws would stop O’Keefe in a second, and the absence of them let’s people like O’Keefe flourish.

Political donations need to be capped at $200 per human, and no group bundling from ‘charitable foundations.’

Finally, this schmuck from Google seems like a real schmuck.

5 Likes

This is true. What’s changed is that initially, he was able to misleadingly edit the videos convincingly enough to cause problems for his targets. That’s not so true anymore.

2 Likes

Just for fun I went over to Project Veritas and left a comment with a link to The Daily beast’s debunking article.

Let’s see what happens.

1 Like

I just don’t understand how this keeps happening. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Contrarian Opinion:

Senator Palpatine really did love Democracy. He was hoping to save it by strengthening the rule of law and eliminating the factions, and to a lesser extent by reducing the grasp on the government that the Jedi - a non-elected religious order mystery school which kidnapped young children and turned them into emotionless killing machines- had.

Apparently, the Republic was no longer governable by democracy; at least, it had failed before it became the empire and the Rebelion was unable to establish a working government 30 years (!) after they had “won”.

Non-Contrarian Opinion:

Zach Vorhies and James O’Keefe are both racist assholes and horrible people.

3 Likes

“The Qanon narrative has been more accurate than any news outlet”???

Where does one even begin. . . .

5 Likes

Yeah the whole thing about dissolving the Senate at the beginning of A New Hope kind of negates that theory though.

5 Likes

He waited for a generation to do that after he was elected Emperor. There were a lot of senators who were aiding and funding a rebellion which was preventing him from putting his law and order into place. When you watch the first trilogy it looks bad; after you watch the prequils and you realize how long this war had been going on and how much resources it was draining away from the Empire, it makes more sense.

ETA: I mean, some of the youngest senators hadn’t even been born when he was elected Emperor! :wink:

1 Like

Hiesenberg Mandela Effect: Some of your memories are false, but it’s impossible to know both how many and which ones at the same time.

Baader-Meinhof Mandela Effect: Now that you’ve realized you have a false memory, you keep bumping into stuff that rubs your nose in it over and over.

Dunning-Kruger Mandela Effect: I’m not an idiot, I don’t have false memories.

5 Likes

Streisand Mandela Effect: I don’t have false memories, and i will sue anyone that says that i do.

5 Likes

Do you know why I love PV so much? It’s not just because they use a QAnon/Pizzagate wackjob as a source, but also that they didn’t bother to clean up his social media accounts first.

What can I say, I am amused by someone shooting himself in the foot.

1 Like

2 Likes

That is right. There is no inherent conflict between anti-semitism and pro-Israel-ness. It is consistent, if despicable, to admire Jews carving out their state in the Middle East (even without Biblical authority, though it helps) and to think that Jews in your own country are somehow both inferior to some “white” WASP ideal and, simultaneously, weirdly superior and secretly in charge.
Classic anti-Semitism sees Jews as having motivations and abilities different from the local majority. Also, just so this is said, it comes in various grades and flavors, from simple ignorant anti-Semitism to vicious doctrinal anti-Semitism. An example of the former is the Southern soldier who was in my godfather’s platoon in WWII and asked him what happened to his horns, seriously; guy wasn’t wicked, just had never met any Jews outside the Bible and thought they were alien and out of time, like elves or something. Examples of the latter are of course Richard Spencer and the guy in the post.

8 Likes

A side-topic on trying to define the specifics of anti-semitic bigotry (is it racism or no?) Was removed because of all the things that need exploring right now, figuring out the stacking order for baking a multi-layer bigotry cake isn’t one of them.

8 Likes

Hey, plenty of conservative activists are pro-Israel conspiracy theorist/racist/general scumbags

Pro-Israel maybe - but still don’t respect or support Jews-outside-of-Israel and certainly don’t support or respect American Jews.
So, still anti-semitic.

2 Likes

It’s not really a debunking article is it though? Debunking would first require evidence or even a constructed argument to be debunked.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.