Popular new conservative activist turns out to be antisemitic conspiracy theorist

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/15/popular-new-conservative-activ.html

5 Likes

What? How can this be?

35 Likes

What part of “Popular conservative activist” made anyone anywhere think they weren’t going to be an antisemetic conspiracy theorist/racist/general scumbag?

35 Likes

O’Keefe is the gift that keeps on giving.

chef’s kiss

8 Likes

And thanks to these gentlemen:

14 Likes

Right Wing Hoaxer turns out to be antisemitic conspiracy theorist

FTFY

James O’Keefe is notorious for his various efforts to smear Planned Parenthood though fake/heavily edited “gotcha videos” which are often cited by fetus worshipers still.

10 Likes

Like Herpes only with less of a fun history behind it.

9 Likes

Hey, plenty of conservative activists are pro-Israel conspiracy theorist/racist/general scumbags…

5 Likes

Not really so much Pro-Israel as Pro-Right Wing Israel. They oppose peace efforts with the Palestinians and want Israel involved with conflicts with their neighbors.

As stated in an HBO Miniseries “The Brink”
“They just want us (Israel) to keep the lights on when their Messiah comes”

Antisemitism is pretty obvious and implicit from that crowd. They want an Israel without Jews.

18 Likes

16 Likes

In case anyone is wondering, O’Keefe has never had any credibility. After his first expose aired, and supposedly revealed illegal activity by Acorn, he was given immunity from prosecution in exchange for turning over all the videos and notes.

Multiple investigations by state and the federal gov’t found that Acorn hadn’t broken any laws; what they did find was that O’Keefe’s videos had been edited to the point of being lies:

15 Likes

This. Though there’s also conservative crazies (like trump), who couldn’t tell the difference between “two Corinthians” and a hole in the ground, who like to support a Right-wing Israel solely because it garners financial and political support from both right wing Jews and Christians, as well as being able to fool some moderates into thinking he can’t be racist/antisemitic, as he supports (right wing, as fascist as he can get it) Israel.

10 Likes

I would be more shocked by the revelation that a vocal conservative wasn’t a racist these days. Especially since their big cheese has given racism his tacit approval, and it seems to be running rampant through a number of key agencies/institutions. Oh, and it’s a cornerstone of their entire political agenda.

Still, great that this one is being called on it, I suppose. Even greater if it matters to the people who pay attention to this result of an unfortunate fuck.

7 Likes

Add to that and to @Mangochin’s discussion of the Xtianists the PNAC fantasy of the neoConservatives, who had their own reasons for supporting the Israeli right-wing. And of course AIPAC, which should really rename itself ALPAC since it conflates Israel with Likud.

Wherever you look in American conservatism you find anti-Semitism (this includes religious fundie kapos like Ben Shapiro who promote Elders of Zion canards against secular liberal Jews).

7 Likes

Of course there are many antisemites who are ostensibly “pro-Israel” because they think Israel is the kind of homogeneous ethnostate they’ve been dreaming of (it isn’t, but whatevs).

In a bigot’s fantasy world Israel is where the Jews belong, just like the United States is where the white Christians belong.

14 Likes

The latest one being George Soros and “The Great Replacement”

5 Likes

12 Likes

Remember the scene where Senator Palpatine says "I love democracy" and, thanks to Ian McDiarmid’s acting talent, a crudely-scripted corrupt politician is shaded with pathos and genuine discomfort? In my memory, Palpatine says only “I love surprises” in this scene. I don’t know why, but it works quite well and I have no plans to rewatch the Star Wars prequels to correct my neurons.

We must provide a name for the new effect that simultaneously confirms and negates The Mandela Effect.

:smiling_imp:

5 Likes

Schroedinger’s Mandela Effect.

9 Likes

You’re good. :slight_smile:

3 Likes