Boebert defends anti-semitism as a conservative value

Originally published at: Boebert defends anti-semitism as a conservative value | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Confusing “conservatives” and Nazis is a common mistake Lauren.

35 Likes

And a good number of other "repulicans’

8 Likes

i wonder who is crafting these tweets for her? there is no way anyone would believe that she knows anything about Russian politics or tactics. she is an idiot. but her words are widely read and extremely dangerous.

13 Likes

Where’s the “We can’t be antisemitic because we love Israel*” trope? This Bingo card isn’t going to fill itself, you know.

* because it fulfills our end-time prophecies, not because we like the people.

29 Likes

Disagree. It is absolutely not a mistake. Not in any way, shape or form. The current iteration of “conservative” in the US, as well as way too many other countries, is absolutely Nazi. Fascism is the hill they will die on. (Soon, it is to be hoped.)

29 Likes

Well, she is correct. Antisemitism is a conservative value.
Except anyone with a moral compass knows that it is indefensible.

13 Likes

I mean, if the shoe fits…

8 Likes

I wouldn’t describe her as ‘wrong’ in claiming that antisemitism is a conservative value; it’s just the fact that she’s voluntarily admitting to it that is interesting.

14 Likes

She’s…well she’s a lot of things…but she’s not wrong.

5 Likes

What confusion? Its the same thing.

4 Likes

Completely agree.

Perhaps should have added a sarcasm tag.

8 Likes

“Republicans don’t give a shit about Israel. They just want us to keep the lights on for their fucking messiah”
-Israeli Foreign Minister, HBO’s series The Brink

19 Likes

I really thought someone would be waving a swastika around at the last GOP convention. I guess we’ll see how many break out the toothbrush mustaches and Roman salutes at the next one…

7 Likes

The odd thing is, it’s a conservative value amongst many Orthodox Jews too. This includes members of the Lubavitch Messianic Cult and weasels like Ben Shapiro who support the MAGA pox. They’d sooner ally with fascists like Boebert and EmptyG and Biff who’d happily wipe out other Jews than they would acknowledge that those other, more liberal and secular Jews, are their fellows.

And of course, they blind themselves to the fact that the kapos usually end up with all the rest at the hands of Nazis. Idiots.

16 Likes

This woman is a child abuser. Co-depenency kills. No more excuses, down with fascists.

13 Likes

Next to the “If you criticise the Israeli government or support the Palestinian cause you’re an anti-semite” trope.

15 Likes

First they were using a “secret symbol” and it was a wink and a nod… but only to the other Nazis in the GOP.

Now the fascist party in the US is openly showing us who they are and demanding we sacrifice our country and lives to them because they are Christian.

And people are like… Actually persuaded.

Fuck. Just… Fuck.

22 Likes

I guess conservatism only counts in horseshoe theory and hand grenades. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Oh, c’mon, she’s really just defending hatred as a conservative value.

Antisemitism is only a small fraction of that larger, more all-encompassing evil.

12 Likes