Portable background for video conferencing

[Read the post]

Get a green screen one and have some real fun…

11 Likes

Mad Magazine figured this out back with the original Picture-Phone in the sixties…
By Smiley Derleth. This concept may be as timely as ever right now.  A reprint from Crown Publishing

10 Likes

Even better, get the one with green on one side and eggshell white on the other.

Edited to add: Kinda like this one - though it needs a light stand. It’s inexpensive, at least.

4 Likes

Is a portable foreground available for us {lengthy pause} unconventionally attractive people?

13 Likes

Instead of attaching to your chair it should be in a backpack and fold out behind you like beetle wings.

6 Likes

This is the scene I like to put up when I do a video chat:

15 Likes

A ceiling-mounted roll up screen would seem to be an option for you that wouldn’t have the same problem with the edges small chair-mounted screen does.

3 Likes

A room divider would do the same job and not be attached to a chair.

2 Likes

Regardless of the solution, I need a fail safe - some sort of automatic switch that will turn off my web camera when my special protective screen falls over, revealing whatever it is behind my chair that I don’t want seen (a collection of “ironic” Vote Trump! posters?)

3 Likes

my solution:

2 Likes

Peewee had multiple pull-down backgrounds for his videoconferences.

9 Likes

Pft.

2 Likes

This is fantastic! A good complement to

(not convinced this was ever an actual product versus a joke, but still needed)

13 Likes

If I wasn’t using a real name and was less-than-professional, I would suggest avoiding the issue by simply working from bed.

2 Likes

If you want a larger one, search for “collapsible backdrop” or “collapsible background” at Amazon or any place that sells pro photo-studio gear.

You’ll have to add your own chair strap, but that shouldn’t be much trouble for an accomplished Maker. (-:

1 Like

My favorite when using telepresence:

5 Likes

or a cheaper one … that looks like an $11 light reflector, and it doesn’t look like $34 of elastic band

1 Like

Awww yeah

This one comes with a stand and apparently an attractive lady friend

Bit pricey though.

…and they also come in greenscreen and bluescreen. (-:

Heck, for the price of this thing, you could get a multi-color pack, and change your background to suit your mood.

Pop-up reflectors can be fun, too, and come in a variety of colors and surfaces — but they’re a bit trickier to light. (-: