Create your own home office with a portable desk divider that's $20 off

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/02/24/create-your-own-home-office-with-a-portable-desk-divider-thats-20-off.html

1 Like

It has a second use as a wallet drainer.

13 Likes

You actually get two for $265, because the cardboard box it comes in can be used as a second one.

(I assume. Not guaranteed.)

18 Likes

Came here to say it might be the most useless thing I’ve ever seen in the shop here (and that is a high bar), but your way is much pithier!

But I can’t stop there, because it’s just so dumb. The idea is that you’re working from home, but you need a foldable piece of felt to get privacy? In what home would a small slightly concave shell give you any modicum of privacy? If that would work, you don’t really need the shell, because the people in your household are mature enough to give you some effing privacy, right?

9 Likes

6 Likes

$265 for something my cat will knock over every 5 minutes?

7 Likes

Does it come in beige?

4 Likes

I can build cubicles in my house now?

5 Likes

Coupon code FORT20 because you’d have to be high to think this was worth buying.

6 Likes

3 Likes

It would be useful for those times when you accidently switch to the rear-facing camera, which is aimed at a bunch of open bottles of booze. (Unfortunately, not a hypothetical.)

4 Likes

I’m waiting to buy until the next version that connects to the internet to validate my monthly DRM based subscription required for the wall to retain it’s rigidity. This future is [keyboard subscription has expired]

4 Likes

It’s the law.

:: checks calendar.
not April Fools Day.
Laughs out loud at Boing Boing Shop yet again ::

3 Likes

You can be sure that the cardboard will “help” absorb “acoustic sound.”

So we’ve reached a point where nostalgia for office working has become a thing?

If it’s privacy you want, why not try talking to the person/people you live with and tell them you need the space and go to a different room?

1 Like

… And then afterwards, sleep in the box in which this thing came.

2 Likes

It’s technically a wall, so let Mexico pay for it.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.