You can use ANY image for your Zoom background

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/26/you-can-use-any-image-for-your.html

5 Likes

Biohazard_symbol_(black_and_yellow)

9 Likes

Works best if what’s behind you is a uniform color. Works terrible if it’s not.

5 Likes

Teams too. I had a guy do a call today with this one:

14 Likes

Your Zoom game is weak! :slight_smile: You can also use videos as your background, and nothing lets you control the meeting better than having this swirl behind your head!

18 Likes

My other favorites are

and

20 Likes

Just to mess with my co-workers

7 Likes

And finally, cause I’ve spent way too many days alone in the office with nothing to do, make your own “paying attention face” video!

Just recorded myself looking at my monitors for 30 seconds, copied and reversed it so it’s a perfect loop, and now I can just leave my virtual me paying attention!

14 Likes

You can use video as well. I grabbed a matrix code background video. Something like this:

For other instances, I have video close up of my dog and it looks like he’s eating my head if I position myself correctly.

12 Likes

9 Likes

Homer

7 Likes

8 Likes

3 Likes

That’s dark. Did a cough a bunch too?

3 Likes

Our karate organization is doing virtual classes, one guy had this or similar as his background:

7 Likes

batcave_set

OR

batman-v-superman-batcave-2

9 Likes

No, I can’t. Doesn’t seem to be available for Android.

Update: for those on iOS, check this out:

Update update:

More on that topic:

There’s an open source alternative called Jitsi Meet, which seems OK. No virtual backgrounds, though.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Mine was kind of hilarious. Disembodied curtains hanging in the air on the tropical beach :rofl:

3 Likes

Video works too, if you have the latest Zoom client. Enjoy:

1 Like