Portlanders use leaf-blowers to isolate and return tear gas to the thugs who threw it

Oh, Xeni already answered your question. https://boingboing.net/2020/07/24/watch-molten-thermite-in-wate.html

7 Likes

An invention reaches transcendence when it is used for a purpose its inventor never imagined.

12 Likes

Please indicate which of these meanings you intend for “OC”. I’m pretty sure you didn’t mean “Orange Crush”.
A list of explanatory acronyms for “OC”.

4 Likes

Pretty sure they mean oleoresin capsicum - aka Pepper Spray.

10 Likes

Clever use of leaf blowers - recent 40v+ units are comparable to gas powered units and so much easier to deploy. Its a shame they will be smashed or ruined by opportunistic thugs.

All this is well and good, but what we have to remember is this was unleashed on peaceful protestors operating within their free speech rights by trump, and enabled by republican senators who refuse to constrain him. At this point in the election process our only recourse as citizens is to remove trump and as many republican incumbents as possible.

12 Likes

So much of archaeology’s toolkit (and, I’m sure, that of the other sciences/fields that do fieldwork) is just that. We are too small a market for toolmakers to cater to us specifically, so all our kit is scrounged together from the tools of other walks of life in an almost Mad Maxian way, from construction, to forestry, to gardening, to carpentry, to dentistry and cake decorating.

14 Likes

Meanwhile I just heard about the district court ruling that the state of Oregon does not have standing to sue to stop deployment of federal troops against US citizens. I’m wondering who would have standing?

11 Likes

Eh, lacrosse sticks are more useful over there

22 Likes

Ted Wheeler’s Portland cops were kicking the shit out of protesters for weeks before Trump’s goons arrived, and are continuing to do so now. The vast majority of the tear gas deployed in Portland (and across the nation) over the last two months came from cops controlled by Democratic mayors.

White supremacy is bipartisan. Trump is the symptom, not the disease.

11 Likes

Yes, it’s nice to know that leaf-blowers have at least one practical use. Seriously, Neighbor A blows garbage into Neighbor B’s yard, then Neighbor B blows it right back into Neighbor A’s yard, meanwhile the local particulate levels rise for everyone on the block. Ever hear of a goddamn rake, you brainless lawn-thugs?

7 Likes

I’m afraid of the police in trump’s democratic target cities actually welcoming the feds.

5 Likes

As of last night, the feds in Portland are ALSO using leaf blowers to blow the smoke BACK at the crowd.

4 Likes

Sorry, Ms. Rosenblum, but, you see, when the Constitution says “We the People,” it doesn’t mean YOU

3 Likes

How long before truck-mounted wind machines?

There’s still the traffic cone + bucket of wet sand option.

4 Likes

Go Nascar:

Or FULL RUSSIA:
bd0e1169d4d099f61376944071262e62

4 Likes

I’m actually very surprised that the feds haven’t gone full Kent State on the protestors yet with live rounds.

3 Likes

some time later…

7 Likes

It would be a shame if the soldiers’ goggles were smeared with paint or other obscuring agent.

3 Likes

Oleoresin Capsicum (active ingredient in pepper spray)

3 Likes

They will. They will.

1 Like