Portlanders use leaf-blowers to isolate and return tear gas to the thugs who threw it

8 Likes

Hah. Just take a leaf out of Kyiv’s Euromaidan protestors’ book.

9 Likes

Electric blowers are way less noisy, and they could either blow and suck. Even this cheap unit from Lidl sucks leaves well ans the noise is at a vacuum cleaner level.

5 Likes

I wonder whether it would be able to suck in the tear gas and then release it again upon switching to ‘blow’…

5 Likes

Mega-Maid, for when you absolutely need to go from suck to blow

16 Likes

How true. Now how about converting one of those potato launchers used to waste good food for a really good cause like throwing tear gas canisters back at the police?

A word of warning though: a potato launcher does appear as a weapon, and will give the empire stormtroopers, even those who are aware of its nature, the perfect excuse to shoot point blank whoever uses it.

1 Like

As much as I disslike Trump, this is not a Republican vs Democrat issue. It is a Totalitarian vs Liberal fight. All totalitarians, regardles of armband color or ideology, need to be stamped out.

2 Likes

That looks like an Assault-Blower.

1 Like

Paint + ammonia.

1 Like

During Basic Training, the tear gas hut was pretty scary. The unknown. After they sent us through and made us take our masks off and do the jumping jack stuff, I discovered that it was not that bad. It’s uncomfortable but it’s not horrible. Quite anticlimactic.

1 Like

Simple house paint. I imagine that would be very effective.

1 Like

Nobody has standing because AG Rosenblum didn’t have a video for one of the two cases and the judge decided that there wasn’t sufficient evidence to determine if there was probable cause in the video presented.

Load o crap if you ask me but not as bad the defense of not sharing the names of police in a FOIA lawsuit:

The DA’s office gave Kessler the same answer as the city: Unless he provided officers’ names, he could not obtain their personnel numbers—and thus their names.

District Attorney Rod Underhill sympathized with Kessler’s plight. “Frustration at being asked to do the impossible (or impractical) is understandable,”

Willamette Week Source Article

To me, the protests of the police union and the DA almost make me think there should be an effort to identify every single employee of the PPB and especially the police union. It’s provably easy to match photos of people’s faces with public sources to build accurate and complete portfolios. Just ask the gents who attempted to use Novichok as a targeted murder weapon. That said, I feel extremely uneasy about that idea. I think that the DA made a horrific choice that is going to have substantial unintended consequences.

I’m hoping for a good outcome.

3 Likes

Wait? The names and salaries of every employee are not published yearly by the local rag that claims to be a “newspaper”? Does this only happen in Michigan???

3 Likes

Kent State wasn’t exactly a public relations coup for the government. Martyrs are the last thing Trumpies want right now.

2 Likes

I can’t WAIT for the Portlandia episode.

2 Likes

That is the sort the protesters I saw were using -electric

3 Likes

No, here in Oregon and especially Portland, the police unions successfully negotiated to have their member’s names and most of their financial information be secret. It’s total BS.

8 Likes

i yell this every week during the summer as blackberry seeds are blown through the fence into my backyard

and as mentioned by others, there’s this:

In leaf blowers, two-stroke engines have been shown to emit contaminants comparable to large automobiles. A 2011 test by the car experts at Edmunds showed that "a consumer-grade leaf blower emits more pollutants than a 6,200-pound Ford F-150” … nearly 299 times the hydrocarbons of the pickup truck

not to mention the weight of the things on the backs of workers, the noise and vibration damage done to those workers. all to make yards look as much like astroturf as possible :confused:

4 Likes

This is at the crux of the problem. The police Unions are so corrupt that the rest of the unions have dissavowed them. They have created a police force that is quite literally above the law, and not just tangentialy privilaged by being the enforcers of it.

In Miami that got out years ago and people were aghast at the salaries and then quickly forgot about it when one of Kardashians had sex again.

5 Likes

Thanks for the well wishes, we need them!

2 Likes