Post your favorite muppet

I don’t have a favorite, but here’s one of my favs.

and all of these

20 Likes

For a long time I thought a puppet I got when I was four was a defective Roosevelt Franklin toy with no hair or eyes. I finally found out a few years ago what I actually had was an “Anything Muppet” toy that had been removed from its box and was missing its accoutrements. My mother nicely sewed eyes onto it so it could “see”.

It was my companion for years but when it comes to favorite Muppets for me there’s only one.
Fozzie Bear GIFs | Tenor

20 Likes

19 Likes

Glad to be of service. :grin:

9 Likes

A bear in his natural habitat - a Studebaker.

11 Likes

I had a '76 Super Beetle in college (loved that car) that i pretty much lived out of. It was trashed. Hence, i earned the nickname Oscar. The rest, as they say, is history.

14 Likes

I had one of those puppets, too. The weird thing about the Roosevelt Franklin puppet is that its fleshy parts were molded plastic like the hands on the “anything” puppet. I never had a Bert or Ernie, so I’m not sure if this was out of character for the puppets.

And the molded nose never stayed on the “anything” puppet due to its weight. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Hmmm…

connection GIF

Stand-Up Reaction GIF by Muppet Wiki

Loop Drumming GIF

miss piggy muppets GIF

Panic Reaction GIF

I can’t decide…

Fraggle Rock Fainting GIF by Muppet Wiki

20 Likes

These two pink creatures.

And my favorite song, I like The Carpenters cover but Deborah Harry is a close second.

16 Likes

Honorable mention

14 Likes

14 Likes

15 Likes

Scooter needs an intervention.

10 Likes

Before Animal, whom I adore, there was the caveman-beatnik scat-singing Bip Bippadotta who I loved. Here’s he is in his first incarnation:

Not a one-hit wonder, he morphed several times, then went on to create such poetic treasures as this:

(and more)

I like the nonsense or very simple words, very friendly to English-learners and wee ones. The teetering on anarchy and the fact that Jim Henson voiced him as a joyful oddball means a lot to me.

I realize Mr. Noodle is not a muppet, but I am fond of his work as well.

19 Likes

Have you seen the people, er muppets, he has to deal with…

8 Likes

15 Likes

For some reason, I always liked the blue and purple muppets in that skit.

I also always enjoyed the some/none/all short. Good choice!

7 Likes

giphy (21)

13 Likes

I can picture that.

4 Likes