Wisconsin school district bans kids from singing a Dolly Parton-Miley Cyrus song about unity

Originally published at: Wisconsin school district bans kids from singing a Dolly Parton-Miley Cyrus song about unity | Boing Boing

9 Likes

Dolly Parton What GIF

26 Likes

GQP keeps talking a big game about how fearless they are. but they are scared of words. i don’t want their brand of freedum.

18 Likes

Aww, hell no!

angry kermit the frog GIF

16 Likes

And colors, apparently. And, well, just about everything

17 Likes

Love the Miley/Dolly song, it’s got a wonderful old school vibe to it. But you can’t post that one and not post Kermit, damn it.

13 Likes

So this one is gone too? Good.

10 Likes

That’s how horrible these Xtianists are: opposed to both the Muppets and Dolly Parton.

11 Likes

Oh no you didn’t!

Do NOT piss off Dolly Parton.

13 Likes

Face it, if you are on the wrong side of a Dolly Parton song, you’re a shitty person.

22 Likes

And Kermie, for the luvva Pete! These guys need to be much more careful choosing their enemies.

16 Likes

Just to pile on Kermit + Debbie Harry version.

13 Likes

Someone on the wrong side of the Muppets is just dead to me.

10 Likes

As somebody who personally knows school teachers and other folks from the Waukesha area, I get a lot of the news from that area of Wisconsin. And wow are there a lot of fascists.

10 Likes

11 Likes

They must really hate this song, as it has two of the GOP’s least favorite words prominently in it: reading and rainbow.

17 Likes

I live in Kenosha and visit the Milwaukee area quite often. Two of my metamours live in Waukesha. As soon as I saw the headline for the article I had a sinking feeling I knew exactly which of our cities this was going to be featured. Confirmed: Waukesha is a real craphole. (Although obviously not everyone there is part of that.)

14 Likes

Welcome to Wisconsin: teaching children about metaphors by outlawing them.

6 Likes
6 Likes

Are you f*cking kidding me?

7 Likes