Post Your Outdoor Recreation Pics

I’ve never made a drink from sumac cones, but a long time ago I harvested some and used it in spinach pies. More interesting than lemon, as I recall.

5 Likes

I saw either Raiden

user posted image

or one of the Storms (Thunder, Lightning & Rain) from Big Trouble in Little China

Jason Sudeikis Yes GIF by Apple TV+

7 Likes

outdoor activity is soaking up some sun at resort pool, marking a certain celebration of time’s passage.
with regard to lunar eclipse tonight, not sure we will be able to view the sky much from where we are currently staying in Hollywood, up on the mainland. (hint: location revealed in reflection). up here, we are under hurricane watch due to TS Nicole heading this way. conditions sunny and windy right now poolside, but the storm clouds coming combined with the city lights will make skywatching less optimal tonight into morning.

funny, the island home is not under any threat.

12 Likes

Looks like a seminal vacation.

6 Likes

heehee! gold star guess!
sorry, but any prize money was dropped at the roulette table…
así es la rueda de la fortuna. mejor suerte la próxima vez.

7 Likes

Morning run moon.

13 Likes

Just the usual walk this afternoon, along the Mississippi. We’ve had a couple of days of non-stop snow, which ended shortly before I went out to walk. But with temps hovering just above freezing, much of it melted away even as new snow came down.

^The Franklin Ave. Bridge.

^The pedestrian path on the East side of the river. It seemed strange that some kind of vehicle had gone down the path, but didn’t plow it. ??? The bike path, visible at the left of the picture next to the road, was plowed.

10 Likes

Just the usual 45-minute drive home ( :wink: @zfirphdn), which took 2.5 hours and was in total darkness thanks to the time change. Also, was half hailstorm for the first 30 minutes of the still-going-on snowstorm:

13 Likes

That’s pretty cool.

7 Likes

Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve

This is the closest we got to the bison before it started raining on us. Maybe 500 yards

13 Likes

A walk near an old cotton gin. It’s being renovated, but into high-end condos.

9 Likes

:thinking: Is that the same one from the story in BLM?

3 Likes

Eh? Not sure?

2 Likes

This picture:

From the other side, facing towards the spot where the “upriver” picture was taken. This is after intense rain, and the river about 15-18 feet above normal.

10 Likes

First nature walk in a while after being forced to stay indoors by unpleasant weather and later by the flu:

And the same place two years ago:

13 Likes

Looks idyllic.

8 Likes

“Hey, why not take the dogs on a trail run?” I thought.

The dogs (who I take on bike-runs, and long walks, frequently) 2k into the 5k loop (with no easy cutbacks):

They also forgot how run run in front of me while I run, which made for an amusing (from someone else’s perspective) series of entanglements.

10 Likes

Pretty ash juniper cones. Also called cedar around here. EVIL INCARNATE

Pretty boi

12 Likes

Curious as to why. Cursory internet search says it’s a native, not an invasive. (Acknowledge that natives can be PITAS too, like Virginia creeper for instance.)

Stabby/prickly?
Allergies?
Every.single.damn.seedling survives?

8 Likes

Snowshoeing on the mountain.

13 Likes