Post Your Outdoor Recreation Pics

Animated Series Art GIF by hoppip

5 Likes

Gorgeous. Absolutely spectacular.

5 Likes

Made it to the caves today. Only one bat we could see.

15 Likes

Kingbird harassing a crow, with a brief glimpse of Ms. Shiv at 0:23

The neighbors watching a movie on the side of the pop-up

And I finally got some time on the water.

20 Likes

Lovely! Thanks for sharing!

6 Likes

Goin’ coastal:

18 Likes

Finished off the week’s camping trip in Monterey Bay chilling with the otters and whatnot. I do really love this state despite its unfortunate tendency to burst into flames every summer.

16 Likes

The nice thing about the size and diversity of environments in this state means that it’s rarely all on fire at the same time.

I was just noticing that the tires on my little teardrop camper were getting worn out, and it’s no wonder why. Here’s the approximate route I took it on just over the last month or so:

11 Likes

Caught an epic low tide this morning, exposing great tidepools and making exploring a tide wash arch safe.

18 Likes

I’m totally jealous! I’d love to live close enough to the ocean to see things like that on a regular basis. Although there’s a solid chance I’d explore the tide pools every day if I did :smiley:

8 Likes

Back in the saddle again.

13 Likes

We had another shot at them today but fished instead. No luck - saw a lot of bait ( probably anchovy in the bay) but only one solid grab. The water is really murky.

Went on a short but steep hike up a mountain right on the coast and were looking down on resident gray whales close to shore. The hike was pretty nice itself:

In the second shot there, a snail was kind enough to pose with some saprophytes.

10 Likes

Lawn mowing, according to my tracker.

11 Likes

Did you mow the entire continental U.S. plus a part of the Gulf of Mexico?

13 Likes

That was just a quick sojurn into Texas before he realized it was all hardpan…

10 Likes

Missed a spot

16 Likes

You can see that I mostly skipped the Great Plains. I’m hoping it returns to native prairie land.

10 Likes

Oh, cool, they call those “Indian Pipe” around here and I didn’t realize they were so geographically widespread.

Emily Dickinson wrote about them.

Looks like a lovely trip!

8 Likes

Trying to keep cool in our neighborhood lake.

15 Likes

About a mile in on the trial run this morning at around 6:15am. Very beautiful, but already muggy and “thick.”

At about 2 miles, this bugger was guarding the trail, with a web that went from one side to the other, at around head height. I almost ran right through him. Yuck yuck yuck yuck.

Hard to see, but it was one of these:

This spider is approximately 15 feet across, can run at speeds of up to 25mph, and have been known to kill humans by wrapping their heads in their webs and making them feel so “oooky” that they pass out and die.

Or so it seemed at the moment.

12 Likes