Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

Oh, you know how my hedgehog is royalty?

Here she was at her coronation:

Makes me all melty inside every time I see it.

There are more photos of her coronation here (and a very factual report):

10 Likes

The best! Is this yours???

1 Like

Yep, sheā€™s my sweet grumpy hedgehog.

1 Like

OK, so I put some of these in the questions thread and forgot to make them proper questions, so Iā€™ll put these here where they actually belong:

Hedgie lovinā€™ LARPing

Breaking the fourth wall

Pleased at her RPG prowess (and happy at the treasure type)

13 Likes

Havenā€™t seen a chubby woodchuck in agesā€¦
There used to be a whole family that lived under my friendā€™s ancient farmhouse that they only stayed in a couple months during the summer. As it went through many winters unoccupied, the house was slowly settling and rotting awayā€¦ The hardwood in one corner of the little living room developed a hole that allowed the woodchucks to claim the couches. They didnā€™t chew them up or anything, but once in a while you would walk in and find a relaxed rodent enjoying a nap. I think that was the year that they boarded up that room as a loss.

7 Likes

Weā€™re in the country, so I could totally see them doing just that same thing, if we werenā€™t here to spoil their pillaging.

We have apple trees, cherries and a peach tree that a bull destroyed a couple of years ago, so these dudes are well fed. They also very much enjoy kale, tomatoes and young squash of all kinds. Greedy fuckers.

This one is either pregnant or just the fattest, enjoying some fallen apples. I donā€™t see nipples, but Iā€™m no expert, I know more about the weeds than the animals. Check out those claws, though, rotting floorboards would be no match for them.

9 Likes

Plus, I canā€™t forget the turkeys!!!

10 Likes

Apparently you live on the same road as the Woodchuck House and my Sister.

4 Likes

Growing up, I never would have guessed Iā€™d end up in the boonies, 20 minutes from podunk nowhere. But, now I canā€™t imagine ever moving back to a city of any size.

7 Likes

Donā€™t. Stop. Princess Pricklepants is too cute!

14 Likes

Iā€™m assuming that ā€˜Lucyā€™ is the one who has already closed to lick-range with the camera? Who is the wee ginger on the left?

1 Like

The red shrimp in the center picture is clearly plotting some manner of sin. Heā€™d be tenting his fingers if he could.

1 Like

That is Sissy. Once upon a time she was the young whipper snapper, but now that is Lucyā€™s role.

The notorious BOB somehow managed to break his foot a while backā€¦ The vet thought that it was healing fine and didnā€™t need a wrap, but a week later he was favoring it even more, so now he has a giant wrap. (Heā€™s a stoic olā€™ street cat who doesnā€™t wince or cry when the vet manipulates it)

We cut it back a bit at the top (the vet tech got a bit carried away).
I also got some nifty infant owl socks to put over it so that if he gets ā€œcrudā€ on there I can just toss em in the wash and put on a clean one.

15 Likes

The last stray I had when I still lived in St. Louis took his yearly visits to clean up whatever wound in stride for the most part. At least till something gave him a puncture wound on his side and when it finally opened up it needed stitches an overnight stay and collar to keep him from licking it for a few days. Never had to take him in for injuries again so I guess he learned something.

7 Likes

He looks like an awesome dude! I hope he heals up well.

3 Likes

Bob has a rib or part of his sternum sticking out of his chest from his street days. The first time that I was able to catch him, he had a major wound on one of his front legs ā€“ he managed to get away from me and it was months later that I was finally able to catch him and hold onā€¦ He always seemed like the fiercest badass when he was on the street, but about a week after I caught him, he was well on his way to becoming the biggest cuddly loverboy in the house.

9 Likes

Edward and his brother from another mother enjoying their lilā€™ cardboard lounger/scratchers.

11 Likes

Psyche, my eleven year old, demures.

9 Likes

Those are so cute! And what a smart idea ā€“ life hack, I believe the kids are calling it these days ā€“ to use an infant sock as a cast cover.

(Out of likes, for the second time today.)

3 Likes