Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

Hotel has a second floor and a loft: cats will be disappointed when we go home.

15 Likes

Same plant 4 days later. It was covered in leaves. I’m glad I moved some to other milkweeds. Most of the caterpillars on this plant have moved off to pupate. We positioned some wood to help. All that black on the pavement is caterpillar frass!

One of the ones I moved when it was tiny.

13 Likes

The monarch saga continues! We have found 5 chrysalides around the house. Here’s one up under the eves- that one had quite the treck.

One under a window, the decorative brick sill. I was able to get a nice close up.

18 Likes

Maman

13 Likes

Niko!

Are cats supposed to be on the table?

16 Likes

16 Likes

I had to give up on that. Once I started working from home, the cats all had to be on the table. It’s now no cats on the table if there is food. We signal this by removing the cat beds I put up so the cats would stop laying on my files and reinforcing with a spray bottle. Our small child gets a concerning amount of joy spraying them at dinner. I’m grateful we bought the really big table.

14 Likes

Wow, I lost that battle. What’s worse is kitty comes to my tray table to find out what I’ve eaten! :smile_cat:

7 Likes

Le cri du chat.

9 Likes

The last picture is very beautiful. Parabéns!

5 Likes

The latest addition to our menagerie; Leo
He was a stray who showed up ~2.5 weeks ago. Total sweetie – better than any of our other boys.
He’s FIV+, so he will either stay in our bedroom or join our other FIV+ boy.

(also pictured remnants of the last dragonfruit of the season)

18 Likes

Niece’s herd: (those are mini donkeys). The gold horse, Roni, seems to think that they are her babbies.

Not pictured are the two regular donkeys and goat that she just rescued from a bad situation.

19 Likes

I’m so jelly, strays never find their way to our doorstep. :pouting_cat:

9 Likes

While my internets was down, I had some visitors…

First, this guy who seemed to be seeking some respite from the unbearable heat wave over upper and lower California.

And Rocky, House Detective, having a nap after a long night of keeping intruders out.

And lastly, Kitty, whom I had the pleasure of babysitting while the renters next door to me were away on a 12-hour shift.

20 Likes

Human head for scale – banana not available

That’s the niece and Retta

18 Likes
7 Likes

The husband took this picture taken immediately after looking in at napping cats and said “you guys aren’t invisible, you know.”

15 Likes

The murder in their eyes gives them away… our cat likes to have her head under the curtains, but not the rest of her, so we can see her back, but she thinks she’s hidden…

6 Likes

Giant kitten integration update:
Logan (new guy, 6 mo. old, his actual name because effin’ razor claws) on the seat, the derpasauruses on top of the chair and in front of the chair. (not pictured, Jan Brady, who was next to me.) This is excellent progress over last week’s constant hissing contests!

17 Likes

Excuse the mediocre camerawork, but:

14 Likes