Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

The butterflies from the 9 chrysalides we found have emerged and flown off but I found these caterpillars today. Last generation for this year. As soon as these run off to metamorphose, I’ll cut the tropical milkweed back to the ground. It’s time for the beauties to keep going to Mexico, not stop to breed. I hope my plans for native milkweeds next year pan out.

had to move this one. He’d completely stripped what was left on the other plant.

16 Likes

A little hopping dude showed up on my front porch today:

20 Likes

The ducks that were breeding in my dead trees have been replaced by a flock of galahs:

14 Likes

very loud pink and grey birbs!

also: ducks in trees?! WTF?!

12 Likes

https://www.birdsinbackyards.net/species/Chenonetta-jubata

Apparently they nest in that tree every year.

18 Likes

TIL Australian ducks nest in trees!
How do duckfeet grasp tree branches, I wonder?
:thinking:

11 Likes

Ducklings jumping out of trees is my happy place

1275988844_baby-duck-jumps-from-tree

17 Likes

My husband was tense while watching this. Every time one of them hit the leaves he was all, “Oh, no. Poor little duckling faces!”

9 Likes

Poorly: see @NukeML

8 Likes

I’ve now got a flock of these guys in my trees as well:

Between the galahs, the ravens, the butcherbirds, wrens and robins, it’s getting quite noisy around here.

16 Likes

There are very large trees about 50 yards from our back door. The ravens and the local parrots alternate possession of said trees.

I love watching the ravens line up on top of the power lines for sunrises and sunsets.

11 Likes

Bird feeder picture time!

A nut hatch on the sunflower seed holder, and an as-yet-to-be-identified greenish passerine bird of some type nibbling the suet. The nut hatch likes to swoop in, hang upside down, then flap back to the trees in a flash. It makes an odd chattering sound, like someone holding a conversation

13 Likes

A snake was found in a broccoli packaging in the Itajaí Valley, south of Brazil. After returning from the market, a resident of Brusque, state of Santa Catarina, realized that the animal was hidden inside a package. Images went viral on social media.

According to biologists interviewed by the news site, the snake was a young specimen of Sibynomorphus mikanii, known in Brazil as Dormideira (sleepy snake) and is not venomous.

10 Likes

Not EVEN going to tell my snake phobic husband about this. (He really loves him some :broccoli:.)

It was so little, though.

9 Likes

I hate it when I find slugs on my vegetables, let alone a snake. Although I even sympathized with the little broccoli reptile.

8 Likes

Ferocikittle

Conference kittle

21 Likes

Snek in broc-o-lie!

Smol but fierz snek!

10 Likes

Katydid (did not. Did too!) on my patio door

And another shot with the doggo in the background. Get your mothra jokes ready!

20 Likes

I took some similar pictures at some bank branches here in Rio a few years ago.

The article says, in my swine translation:

A pack of dogs ‘storms into’ a bank branch to avoid the heatwave and made themselves very comfortable as they sleep on the floor.

Video shows a pack dogs cooling off in the air conditioning of a bank branch in Ubá, state of Minas Gerais, Brazil.

Seven dogs were filmed inside the ATM hall of a branch of the federal bank Caixa Econômica Federal .

Juliano Patrício da Silva, a resident of the city, made a video recording the puppy’s nap and posted it on his Facebook profile. The video has been shared more than 21,000 times. Laughing, he says: “The heat is “brabo” in Ubá, but the dogs know how to treat themselves!”.

10 Likes

Smart doggos!

7 Likes