Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

Being a Florida kitty, does she like boiled peanuts? /s

11 Likes

Ha! no, not Chili.
she does sniff around the 25# bag of raw peanuts I keep behind the bar for my bluejay and squirrel friends!

shit… even I don’t like boiled peanuts!

9 Likes

I have a new bird in my yard:

https://www.birdsinbackyards.net/species/Anthochaera-paradoxa

(not my photos, they’re a bugger to photograph)

23 Likes

Our neighbor, Kitty, hanging out with Ruby.

18 Likes

A pair of Blue Jays have started visiting the feeder. They’re also a bugger to photograph

18 Likes

they love peanuts (raw).
and, yes, they’re hard to catch for a pic. They don’t stay still for long!

10 Likes

Good tip, thanks!

7 Likes

I’ve been told to put out unshelled peanuts (peanuts still in the shell: sometimes English fails) for cardinals. They tend to be shyer than other birds, as many brightly colored/easy target birds are, but few other birds have beaks strong enough to crack open peanut shells, so they don’t have as much competition for those.

13 Likes

We have a baby void!

Meet Layla. She loves the tunnel.

She has also converted our aloof (previously feral) boy into a loving mama cat who shares all the best places to sleep and keeps her clean.

I have taken hundreds of kitten pictures over the past week. She is a blur or a shadow in almost all of them; truly a baby void.

21 Likes

the bluejays are bigger than our cardinals and they will grab the whole, raw, in-shell peanuts and fly up to a tree branch, then grasp it in one foot and peck it open against the branch. I just love watching them in action. there at least five of them and they will put on an aerobatic show when the peanut buckets get filled. my little “Flying Circus”!

11 Likes
11 Likes

Ferdinandinho

Nomnomnom

17 Likes

One of ours will eat random plants and green things. He ate the greens off strawberries and the green top off a habanero. No reaction at all. We have to pluck stems off tomatoes before we can bring them in.
This is him trying to snuggle with the old man kitty. He’s usually such a jerk the old man kitteh is not happy but permits the incursion.

15 Likes

I saw this beauty at our local pond this evening.

The kid’s very loud voice scared them away before I could get a good picture

22 Likes

I think those are pretty good pictures.

8 Likes

Bees and bee fly.

15 Likes

Some bad pictures of amazing metallic bees. I took it almost 10 years ago and I don´t know why did I keep it.

abeia

abeia2

14 Likes
18 Likes

Best way to keep people at home.

12 Likes

A garden photo competition, but they have this category in particular:

Welcoming wildlife : beautiful photographs of insects, birds and creatures found wild in your garden or garden surroundings. Images can be close-up details or wider views of wildlife enjoying the outdoor environment.

6 Likes