Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

What a beautiful animal!

5 Likes

Such a delightful creature!
It’s been hanging around our land this year. In the fall I saw it napping in the back meadow, so cute! There are 2 but I have only been seeing one at a time lately. A few weeks ago I got to see it do the big pounce and catch a rodent.
Oh, and in the summer I saw the pair get into a bit of a stand-off with our big groundhog. That was pretty exciting. I never want to look away long enough to run for the camera, though, alas. Game cam pics, it is.

10 Likes

I know this should be a place free from controversy and drama, but WOMBATGATE is the one scandal we need right now.

(photo courtesy the CSIRO)

22 Likes

Did you hear that one about the capybara that went to the church?

Capivara invades the church and mobilizes firefighters in Ibirarema.

Animal entered the Nossa Senhora de Lourdes Church, walked among the benches and ran out the front door before being captured.

17 Likes

Fly, be free Capybara!!!

8 Likes

Borboleta psicodélica.

18 Likes
6 Likes

More Wombatflap, to be fair.

5 Likes

Bluebird of happiness

17 Likes

I interrupted a nap by taking pictures. Someone got an attitude about it.

17 Likes

I call that a case of “bad cattitude.” :pouting_cat:

7 Likes

20 Likes

Behind the mosquito screen.

The Swallow-tailed hummingbird is such a fierce creature. It is the second largest hummingbird species of Brazil and it is also very territorialist.

If one of them find an appetizing flower or a feeder full of sugary water, he/she takes it as his/her personal buffet and fights any other hummingbirds or other bird who decides to have a quick snack.

I wish I could take a picture or make a video of these aerial battles for you. But these birds are very quick! They are dogfight masters.

20 Likes

diva GIF

14 Likes

An early morning bike ride and there were a few Eastern Grey kangaroos around.

22 Likes

AMAZING!

Maneiríssimo!

5 Likes

Is It a baby bunny, right? Anyway, It is too cute.

3 Likes

I’m told there’s a whole warren of them nearby, and this is an adult, though it’s hard to tell size in the picture.

4 Likes

They are not necessarily the smartest animals we have. But damn can they be cute in their obtusity!

14 Likes

there’s a cardinal here that sits on my neighbors’ car window sills and pecks at his reflection in the rear-view mirrors.

18 Likes