Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

bad cattitude is what I need, whoah ho ho .
sorry Bon Jovi

7 Likes

:chipmunk: at the water fountain.

ETA it’s a heated pet water bowl with a small fountain pump & hose in the bottom. I put a brick and rocks in so birds (and squirrels) have a place to stand, and it also discourages birds from using it to bathe. The squirrels like drinking straight from the hose, which is particularly funny. I skim debris and add fresh water every couple days. It seems to be staying pretty clean.

21 Likes

More :chipmunk: action at the feeder

24 Likes

Is that a rain shield?

9 Likes

Yeah, I made it out of an old political yard sign (coroplast, not paper), just spray painted it, bent the wire posts under, and attached to the board with heavy staples. I added an extra support in front. Basically just stuff I had on hand. The twisted platform is from an old art project. Squirrels and birds alike use the spiral staircases. Super cute.

Also, that block of pink Himalayan salt was a gift but we never used it for its actual purpose (cooking). I’m trying it out as a salt lick. So far the squirrels seem uninterested. They probably already get enough salt. I might move it over the fence and see if the deer like it.

15 Likes

radio said Thursday, 21 January was “Squirrel Appreciation Day”.
looks like you appreciate the local squirrels just fine!
our squirrely friends got extra peanuts! the 3 I see most I call Jacko, Yakko and Dot!

13 Likes

Claiming the new furniture

23 Likes

Ralph with dramatic lighting:

19 Likes

Ooh, that second one is bordering on chiaroscuro. Very nice!

5 Likes

Check out the whole thread.

19 Likes

We should stop buying toys. They like paper bags better.

19 Likes

Game of feeder.

10 Likes

more bluebirds, better photos:

ETA this is probably the same bird in all of these photos, but they do seem to travel in small flocks, maybe 4-6 together. They stay a little while and move on.

26 Likes
18 Likes

our pet python, bob, sometimes likes to take a soak after he eats–

21 Likes

then there was that one time we had a “bob in the box”

edited because of the posting limits

occasionally we’ll take bob out for a slither–

and finally, there was our christmas card from 2016:

merry christmas from our enclosure to yours:

21 Likes

OMG Logan is awesomesauce!

7 Likes

My niece just rescued an eagle last month…

He was stuck to a carcass (hide was wrapped around its leg). Since it had been there for several hours, the rehab folks wanted he to bring it in. I guess it was a total gentleman while she was untangling it.
This was the release:

26 Likes

Hey, @crenquis. Good to see you! Where was the release?

8 Likes

And he’s even bigger right now!

[I totally need to post a new pic of him.]

7 Likes