Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

This is an excellent app! I wish more apps worked this well. On our last trip to Costa Rica, I downloaded the Central America birds expansion pack, and it worked great there, too. We were able to “call in” these great kiskadees using the app’s recorded songs.

9 Likes

11 Likes

It’s the last day of the Great Backyard Bird Count, and participation so far has been tremendous. Since Friday, you’ve collectively sent in nearly a quarter-million eBird checklists and found close to 6,000 of the world’s bird species. As birdwatchers, we constantly feel fortunate to live surrounded by so much diversity and beauty—and that’s why this weekend feels like such a celebration.

10 Likes

I put my cat Wayne in the Godzilla vs Kong trailer

18 Likes

We’re in a short (hopefully), sharp lockdown again, but at least I’m not alone in my home office. In the absence of any scale she’s about a 10cm/4 inch span. Front legs are lifted off the wall because I got a bit too close with my phone.

16 Likes

Block party.

20 Likes

19 Likes

Hell does occasionally freeze over (translation: it snowed in North Alabama). This is Other Cat’s first snow.
“You’re taking me outside!!! Best day ever!!! … What the HELL??? … I’m a desert creature—inside NOW!!!”

20 Likes

Jeez, the squirrels just keep a’coming:

24 Likes

Where are you located?

6 Likes

Come here. We have plenty of sugary water in Rio.

8 Likes
14 Likes

To Protect Local Wildlife, Feed Your Cat Meatier Meals

I bet the ‘scientist’ looks suspiciously like three cats in a trench coat.

19 Likes

:joy:
And rub it’s belly whenever it wants, follow up study suggests.

13 Likes

Cat Working GIF by Looney Tunes

12 Likes

birds of kenya, zimbabwe, and botswana, july 2019

26 Likes

The fat bakery birds! They’re not really fat, just fluffed for winter, I learned.
I’ve played this video a few times, and each time, the cats run to the window to look at the birds, realize it’s not real birds outside, and look at me with disappointment that I tricked them again.

19 Likes

You’ve mentioned these “bakery birds” previously. I looked them up to no avail. Is that just a nickname for them?

Around these parts, we call any nondescript, unidentified birds “LBJs” (little brown jobs) or “common shitbirds”

7 Likes

For years I thought they were wrens, but after starting to pay attention to birds and picking up both the Sibley and the NatGeo books, I found out they were sparrows, house sparrows in particular. But as they hang out year round behind the bakery, eating leftover bread and cake, I call them the bakery birds.

17 Likes

My boy, Tobie, illuminated.

24 Likes