Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

we get the red belly woodpeckers down here, year-round. noisy buggers, but so pretty! they love the peanuts we put out as well as black sunflower seeds. bluejays, red bellies and dove all year. just spotted a pair of returning cardinals last week. they seem so tiny next to the others!

14 Likes

Fall achievement unlocked: melted cat.

21 Likes

Almost a 2 star Michelin feeder.

https://vimeo.com/641516414

18 Likes

The first bird is like “humming bird! FLY FOR YOUR LIFE!”

7 Likes

The two buddies resting in their bunk bed that I made for them. We found out last week at his vet visit, to check his thryroid and kidney to adjust his meds, that the white guy is now going blind. He can’t catch a break. Deaf and going blind.

20 Likes

Good thing he has some loving humans in his corner

15 Likes

Quite likely, as I’ve seen a red-belly in my backyard (south Chicago suburbs). That one comes and goes, and there are downies as well.

11 Likes

Very nice picture! I wouldn’t be able to take one like this. After years of being fine with seeing snakes up close at pet stores or being ok with a snake on me when taking the kids to see live animals with trainers, I discovered that I’m quite fearful of wild snakes. One day I walked into the backyard and a garter snake was on my patio. It raised its head up to me and I noped right out of there. Later my wife found one in the garage and I didn’t bother checking to make sure. I looked up ways to repel snakes, grabbed a bag of mothballs, and threw them roughly where she said she saw the thing. But I really enjoyed seeing the ones at the zoo’s reptile house when I went.

6 Likes

I am your opposite, and get a sad when I can’t catch the garter snek. :frowning: I also like to attempt catching small lizards, but they also don’t want to be caught. I like tiny dinosaurs, but they truly fear me. They can probably smell my close association with feline murderbeasts. :disappointed:

14 Likes

I’d be fine with small lizards. They aren’t really out and about in my area of Michigan, though. We do get some box turtles and snappers. And quite a few frogs.

That one was just hanging out on our patio umbrella.

18 Likes

If it’s safe, we leave dead snags standing in our heavily wooded yard, just for the critters.

7 Likes

We do the same. We have a small “briar patch” of dead branches and vines at the fence line. As far from the houses as possible.

6 Likes

It’s hard work keeping all that floof clean

20 Likes

A sampling of the visitors to my new tray feeder in the past 24 hours:

I’m trying to get where I can tell the bluejays apart from each other, so set up a tripod aimed out the window with a remote “trigger” and click all day. At one point, I meant to advance through a slide show with my computer mouse and accidentally took a photo instead :joy:
Also, it’s weird that I didn’t get any of the tufted titmouses, since they’re the most frequent visitors. I guess I take the little guys for granted.

21 Likes

So many pretty boys…

9 Likes

And a couple girls :wink:
(At least I’m pretty sure one of the Bluejays is female, and the cardinal on the left is, for sure).

10 Likes

little native green anole, looking a bit yellow on the workshop porch. green anoles can change colors from bright green through shades of yellow all the way to brown. unlike the invasive Cuban anole that is always brown and have a shorter snout.

22 Likes

We are babysitting the neighbor’s foster kitten while he’s out of town. Perfect balm for Kiddo’s blahs, post-Comirnaty dose 1.

19 Likes

Random pupper.

21 Likes

You could be his forever home.

9 Likes