Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

I should put this in the Halloween thread, too.

25 Likes

OMG! So cute!!! :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat:

(Tried to have one for every kitty.)

14 Likes

I loved the word fracas the very first time I read it here. At first I tought it was an Italian or Latin word. But I was surprised when I got my dictionary. I always wanted to use it in a text and the feeder bird bully gave me this opportunity. They fight so intense that sometimes I have to yell shoo shoo at them.

The feeder fracas.

Ok, it is not a real fracas, because there are only two birds here. But I can assure you that there were three humming birds fighting the same day, while the bananaquit seized the opportunity and drank its nectar in peace.

bird fracas

Made with help of the tools cited on this BB article.

18 Likes

Yeah, they don’t do that twice.

7 Likes

By double checking your count I also realized there are exactly 13 demon kitties, making it doubly appropriate for Halloween

14 Likes

I love the eyes reflected in the shiny car hood.

10 Likes

He kept trying to sniff my phone

23 Likes

Bee butts are cute, even when they aren’t fuzzy. You can see the bum of a leafcutter bee in one of the tubes. The house has been very popular

18 Likes

20 Likes

It’s wearing a weaning nose ring. Probably not very happy right now.

18 Likes

Aw poor little calf. But thank you for explaining what’s going on in that pic.

6 Likes

Gorgeous lil Abby, the delicate old lady, wishes you all a happy Hallowe’en!

Dammit, can’t rotate the pic. Sorry.

22 Likes

I’ll just assume she’s walking down a wall! :dog:

13 Likes

Carnivore Asada:

22 Likes

Wow! Not my pic (he was too quick) but one of these guys just visited my new tray feeder:

They’re rather rare around here, so a real treat to see!

21 Likes

He came back! Got a couple quick shots on my phone:
IMG_20211101_110328037

Getting crowded:
IMG_20211101_110317808

25 Likes

Ooooo, we love the red-bellies! We get them frequently on the suet feeders. Usually when it comes to a stare-off with bluejays, the red-bellies win.

There is a dead pine tree in our neighbor’s yard, right at the fence, and the woodpeckers LOVE it. The red-bellies, northern flickers, downies… they’re all over it throughout the year. A few weeks ago I also caught a few glimpses (and heard) a pileated woodpecker hanging out there.

16 Likes

Nice! Now that he’s found it, he is visiting all day. He seems to like the little suet nuggets I got to try to attract bluebirds.

Where are you located? We’ve never seen one up here (mid-Maine) ever before, but we see all the others you mention pretty regularly.

14 Likes

North Alabama. We’re in a single family home neighborhood of mostly 1960s ranchers on decent sized lots on top of a big hill that is kinda hidden even though it is within city limits. The slopes are mostly too steep for easy building, so there are lots of trees surrounding the flat hilltop where the houses are, and the people up here are mostly wildlife friendly and pretty protective of “our” hill.

14 Likes

FWIW, northern Indiana, just saw a northern flicker yesterday. Not sure if we get the red-bellies here.

13 Likes