Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

We said goodbye today to my sweet, elegant kitty, Myrtle, seen here enjoying her last sun nap.

RIP Myrtle. :heart::heart::heart::rainbow::heart:

30 Likes

I’m very sorry for your loss.

20 Likes

Just had a “Fenton” moment today with a different deer. We were in an off-leash public land area pretty far from any other people or roads, but when she spotted that deer she was unable to resist 3 Million years of canid instinct.

The deer was quick enough to get away (not that my dog would know what to do with the thing if she caught it anyway) but the chase took them both past a barbed wire fence. The deer traversed that barrier a bit more gracefully than the dog. Thank goodness for Neosporin!

15 Likes

my heart is sad.
for you and for Myrtle kitteh.
while it is my belief that when it’s over for us, it’s lights out, cut to black… my wish is for kitties to sleep in eternal sunshine.

21 Likes

Sorry for your cat. Sinto muito.

14 Likes
17 Likes

Darting in and out.

19 Likes

Sorry about your loss… I wish I could say something better than that, but I can’t come up with it.

13 Likes

My sister’s dog tried something similar with a skunk - once.

14 Likes

We’re in the RV for a long weekend, we normally don’t bring the white cat along because for some reason he gets all freaked out and cries the whole time but because he needs so much medication we brought him along. Normally our neighbor takes care of our cats when we’re gone, I hate to make him responsible for the meds.

The first night was so awful that about 4am we decided to end the trip and go home. He found this cubby hole, crawled in and slept for 6 hours. After his long rest he had really calmed down.

We’re still here but now it’s storming, this is how they cope. The white guy is deaf so thunder doesn’t bother him but the other one gets nervous during storms. They are great companions. The other cats are home missing their buddies.

19 Likes

Skink!

21 Likes

wow! cool!
the only skink I ever saw in the wild was once as a young kid in central Texas and it had a blue tail! always thought how cool they are, just for “skinkin”. made me appreciate reptiles.
now, it’s anoles, tokays and iguanas I see darting all over my yard!

10 Likes

Tiny foster kitten came to visit again.

Growing

Tiny but fierce

Om nom nom

25 Likes
10 Likes

21 Likes

A new visitor to the window-mounted tray feeder:

The one on the right - a little female yellow-rumped warbler.

As eastern bluebird visited this weekend but got spooked before I could snap a picture.

22 Likes
13 Likes

From last month, a grass snake (Natrix natrix) enjoying some of the last warmth of the season, probably with a belly full of frog.

20 Likes

Coopers Hawk, sitting in the rain

22 Likes

Honestly, that snake doesn’t look like it’s currently in the process of digesting. An adult snake can go weeks, even months if need be between feedings, so more often than not they’re just hanging out.

Very pretty snek, 15/10, would happily hang with!

8 Likes