Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

Please, call him Thomas!

tom and jerry waiting GIF

10 Likes

Classic foster fail, right?
She’s awfully cute, but then what kitten isn’t. She has a highly developed prey instinct for a semi-orphaned kitten and hasn’t learned much in the way of cat manners, which Alpha Cat and I are starting to teach her.
Thing is, we already have three cats, which is the maximum you can have before it starts to veer into crazy cat lady territory. Also, so much litter box …
But we’ll see…

@BakaNeko Her foster daddy calls her Blue Moon, which we’ve shortened to Blue.

16 Likes

It fits her well!

12 Likes

Around here we call it the Three Cat Rule.

13 Likes

Can confirm. Three is the limit.

11 Likes

I can only add to the “three is max” comments (which I know isn’t helpful) but having had a bad catshit weekend, THIS.

When someone sits in the box but shits outside it it’s a little bit depressing, but when you don’t see it and swing the laundry door open and smear it all over the floor… Well….

That’s Sub-optimal.

11 Likes

Cheeha is happy to see you.

17 Likes

Oh yuck. We have two big dudes who like to pee standing up. They were just tall enough to pee over the lip of the high-sided box onto the wall. I ended up buying new boxes with super high sides. They also make gigantic stinky poo. Good thing they are so cute.

20 Likes

Sometimes when I’m changing out the litter, two of them will get in to “christen” the new litter at the same time!

16 Likes

We have 4 to 5 cats at any given time and had the same problem. We bought some storage containers and made our own. We have two of these in the laundry room.

While I was typing this she demanded some attention. Now I have to stay in my recliner for a while.

17 Likes

14 Likes
10 Likes

those bois are so handsome. the floof has a serious neckbeard goin there!

with that look, you’d better get it right!

13 Likes

I had to sit through enough educational children’s programming to make an educated guess.

9 Likes

do you see Diego?
where?
say map! say map!
we did it!

now see what you have done?
“say map one more time, muthafukka”

5 Likes

Asa Branca (Patagioenas picazuro).

19 Likes

Not my pics, but thought you might find them interesting. I noticed when the red-bellied woodpecker was at the feeder and calling, it looked like it had a stick stuck in its mouth. Thusly I learned about the amazing tongues of woodpeckers.
Theirs are barbed:

They impale grubs and reel them back in from inches under bark:

And they’re so long that they wrap back up around the skull when retracted! (the thin white thing):

Source: Amazing Woodpecker Tongues

20 Likes

Canarinho (Sicalis flaveola).

18 Likes

magic-hat-rabbit-5326359

16 Likes

Evening crazies with the foster kitten (see the tiny claws!):

(I took her to pickup at Kiddo’s school, and I suspect at least six kids are telling their parents tonight that they need this kitten.)

Beauty shot of Alpha Cat:

18 Likes