Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

This is my Bubbles. She’s 9. The wife is getting her in the divorce :cry: Thankfully, we’re working out visitation rights.

19 Likes

So sorry to hear that. I mean, it’s good that Bubbles will not be entirely gone from your life, but clearly you’ve been going through a tough transition recently.

8 Likes

Are you using software to dress her in those (super cute) costumes?

3 Likes

Many are miniatures/toys and costumes using Aperture to crop/clean up the lighting/colors - the pirate one was a set + costume. For non-miniatures/toys/obviously edited ones like Bat-Hog/the art ones it’s Photoshop.

I feel a little guilty Photoshopping things, but it’s the only way to get something like:

15 Likes

That is really wonderful! :smiley_cat:

5 Likes

When elected president Princess Pricklepants will do something involving squirrels, wine, and donuts, and rest assured, it will be excellent.

16 Likes

16 Likes

If PPP uses her presidential powers to feed wine and donuts to squirrels, I’m going to be very angry with her! Unless it’s bad wine and too-sugary donuts. That would be acceptable, as a waste management measure.

10 Likes

Gosh, this thing is getting competitive.

The “beaver shot” that nearly got me in very hot water with Lady Bevel (who has been cropped!).

20 Likes

Some shots from a quick pass after visiting the UTSW Medical Center rookery in Dallas:

Black-crowned night heron (always happy when I get to see adults, they’re really rare in Austin, seeing the young ones is even better)

Mrs. Cattle Egret tending her nest.

A mature black-crowned night heron.

Another juvenile BCNH, a very young one.

Snowy egret taking care of the nest.

A white ibis posing nicely, another bird not seen where I live that was cool to see.

Cattle egret posing nicely.

Great egrets know they’re cool.

20 Likes

Those photos are beautiful. Thank you for sharing them.

5 Likes

Thanks! If you ever happen to be in Dallas in the Spring I’d recommend visiting. It’s free, there are thousands of nesting herons, egrets, and some ibises and anhinga and other birds. It’s amazingly loud, but it’s an awesome noise.

6 Likes

I will definitely make a point of doing that. I’m sure that I’ll visit Dallas in the spring someday.

It’s not really a follow-up to your photos, but I’m dying to share some pictures of my pup, Beau.

18 Likes

Aww poor kitty. What happened to her ear?

4 Likes

Funny how that works. Our cat is deaf now and she’s become extra loud. We have to be careful when she’s sleeping so we can wake her up without startling her. I think her deafness bothers us (since we know she can’t hear us) more than her, though.

5 Likes

Down in Shenandoah.

17 Likes

Beau is a very cute pup! Looks super excited for a walk.

Oh, I see he went to the Blue Ridge Mountains. :evergreen_tree: I hope you both enjoyed the hike.

9 Likes

Skin squamous-cell carcinomas, a common hazard for unpigmented, sun-worshiping cats (and humans).

4 Likes

That was a week-long road trip with the goal of catching some good hiking in Shanendoah and Monongahela. He keeps me pretty active.

Here he is at the office.

19 Likes

Back from the long drive now, had a bit to pick out some others that were interesting.

A little blue egret. They are dark colored birds that love to hide in the shadows, annoyingly.

A juvenile great egret. This one was away from its nest, and hopefully was just old enough to forage.

A brood of snowy egrets. I’d never seen young snowy egrets before, they’re remarkably cute.

A male great egret showing off their breeding plumage. Not a full display, alas, which is amazing to see.

Mom tending to the kids.

Anhinga - they are fairly shy and were hiding deeper in the woods, so not a great shot. They’re related to cormorants, but are huge, have beautiful plumage on their backs, and very scary looking bills. They’re really interesting since they actually swim submerged except for the neck and head, so they are often called “snake birds.”

14 Likes