Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

We got ours from a breeder who handled them every day from the age it was stafe to handle them, and once we got her we made sure she had human time every day and that our smell was on things in her home. She is amazingly docile and sweet with us, though she did bite my sister. Pet store ones are much harder to acclimate to people since they’re already past the age to start bonding/acclimation.

My poor sister - not only was the adorable thing biting her, but I was busy taking pictures for a minute before I helped detach the quillbeast.

19 Likes

That reminds me, if I ever get off my tucas perhaps I can see a California condor at some point. Wiki says there are 470 ish still left, mostly in captivity but some were released.

5 Likes

Get a gander while they’re still extant man.

4 Likes

Are the bites that bad? Asked from a mutant that has scars, stitches, and copious tetanus shots.

FSM, the last kitty that mauled me probably drew a solid four ounces of blood (she is a good cat, just don’t cross her boundaries. Many towels were lost that evening)

2 Likes

Different holiday. Frigate birds in Barbuba.

15 Likes

Seriously, when one of the white squirrels in Toronto electrocuted itself last year, the city went nuts.

But they’re still going strong. That albino gene can’t be recessive anymore!

5 Likes

Also, do you know how hard it is to find a photo that I haven’t posted elsewhere already?
Not hard at all, my phone is full of them. :wink:

20 Likes

One of the few of the burmese have online… I got lots of fishyfish pics though. I love aquariums.
The Kitty Likes The new Laptop by Tobin Lathrop, on Flickr

ETA oh yeah all Seattle, St. Louis and LA zoo pics I have duh…

18 Likes

Best. Thread. EVAR!

9 Likes

Our house dog Dog-Dog on a cold day. For some reason I can’t find a picture of the yard dogs, Marmaduke and Baskerville (the names are descriptive) right now.

23 Likes

My, sadly deceased, dog beast. Probably wondering why my forest frolicking skills just don’t match up.

Jack Russel/Bichon cross. Depending on how recently she had been groomed, one or the other aspect would be more prominent. Good combination. Slightly lower energy than straight Russel; and reduced shedding/allergy potency. She was a good dog.

20 Likes

Hedgehogs have very sharp canines and strong jaws. Pet African Pygmy Hedgehogs usually eat dry cat food and crunch through it easily (some also eat meal worms, though Her Highness doesn’t). When they bite they clamp down, don’t let go, and usually draw blood, so they really hurt, but the end result is tiny puncture wounds. If you blow into their mouth they’ll release, which is the trick you really need to know.

6 Likes

Maine Coon?

1 Like

Hell yeah, and he’s a polydactyl.

Here is another babby pic.

19 Likes

Hedgehogs can be rebels.

27 Likes

Dinsdale!

7 Likes

Is an encyclopidic knowledge of python a requirement for BB? (Cause I gots one)

4 Likes

Speaking of python and pets…

Once I had moved into a loft apartment with some friends. About a month later, one night, I awakened to a peculiar sensation. A cold, muscular sensation which I realized was a huge 8-10 foot python wrapped around my body.

It turned out that the guy who lived there before had this beastie which he kept in an enormous aquarium. But when moving out, the weight was such that the snake crashed out through the bottom of the unsupported tank as it was being carried. When they went to get something else to contain the snake, it had gotten away, and it had not been seen again until it found me. It must have been hiding somewhere in the infrastructure of the building.

Fortunately, a neighbor volunteered a mouse to lure the thing off of me so that I could go back to bed.

14 Likes

If you ever have some time to listen to a podcast, listen to Wil Wheaton fucking a snake out of a cage :smile:

http://nerdist.com/nerdist-podcast-63-wil-wheaton/

1 Like

Someone is getting their head fucked with.

30 Likes