Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

Also regarding squirrels, you should never do this, but it was awesome:

9 Likes

FLUFFY BABY!

(whaddya mean “try to be a little more descriptive”??)

4 Likes

SUPER DUPER FLUFFERNUTTERS!

The wife was trying to get a photo without her tongue sticking out - no success.

5 Likes

That is the cutest dog, love that happy doggy smile.

2 Likes

Our photogenic cat, Sammy…

17 Likes

What a handsome fellow - love that ring around the nosey…

1 Like

We weren’t going to bring in another dog, but when my mother-in-law showed up with her we knew she was going to stay… The last dog in our house, Sissy, was a bit listless and was acting too much like a cat… She now eats like a dog and seems to have more energy. We forgot how much energy young dogs possess.

Sissy with young Tobie.

11 Likes

Fun fact: dog teeth are anchored in their jaws, unlike human teeth, so when a tooth is pulled the other teeth will not shift into the extra space. There will just be a hole there, forever.

4 Likes

That is a damn. Cute. Duck.

(I’m so glad people are posting their animal friends,I love the photos)

6 Likes

Here are some of my favorite birds of Austin:
Yellow-crowned Night Heron (and a crayfish)

Cedar Waxwing

Wood Duck

Blue Jay

Great Egret

Northern Cardinal

Carolina Wren

They’re all fairly common, but always wonderful to spot. Doesn’t include raptors because I am lazy.

17 Likes

Your focal length is gorgeous.

Imma gonna go take low light images of half of slugs in the garden on a Motorola razr.

7 Likes

I have a lot of favorite photos of Her Highness, but this one of her playing tug-of-war with me when she was a wee Princess is one of my favorite favorites:

Oh, wait, this one of her very intensely playing tug-of-war with Princess Sophie is also a favorite favorite:

18 Likes

How did I miss this until now?!

A couple of our creature. Not that she isn’t still ridiculously cute, but at this age, she literally stopped traffic…

25 Likes

This is Rico. Rico is an asshole. We have a… I guess it’s a like-hate relationship with him. We adopted him and feel responsible for him, and he does like to be snuggly and affectionate. Though sometimes that means trying to jam his entire head into your nostril at 3 AM, or wanting to snuggle immediately after dropping a particularly fetid poop in the litterbox and then not burying it or cleaning himself.

He also occasionally attempts to time travel, across the bed, with claws fully extended, but can’t quite reach 88 mph.

He is the reason why we have vertical blinds instead of curtains, and this headboard he’s lounging on, and a bookcase with doors that close, and a big plastic carpet protector over the threshhold of the room, and plastic storage bins for other stuff, and damaged carpet elsewhere, and scratches on all the bedroom furniture, and why the humidifier is in the closet instead of in use.

Rico is not allowed anywhere else in the house, partially because the dogs aren’t sure what to think about him and partially because we have aquariums, and partially because we don’t want the rest of our stuff destroyed too.

18 Likes

That is not a real dog. That is some CGI photoshopped archetype of the CUTEST DOG POSSIBLE.

13 Likes

That doggy has reached peak adorability. Chuck Norris would be forced to gush baby talk.

6 Likes

I’m doing everyone a favor by making sure this thread is never lost. Really.

Princess Pricklepants breaking the fourth wall:

Princess Pricklepants surfing:

Her Highness surfing the web:

24 Likes

I have peeked at your flickr stream. You have no shortage of animal pics.

2 Likes

Yes, I’m a little OCD with nature and wildlife photography, and a little OCD with hedgie photos.

4 Likes

Clockwise: Derpasaurus (Yoda), the Holstein (Doppler), and Kizmet. I love getting laser eyes.

Less deadly view of Derpasaurus and Kizmet

Melted cat - he’s like this frequently

15 Likes