Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 2)

BuddyCat sitting on his stool as i work in the studio.
no, that is not blood on his face. nope. he decided he wanted the get a close sniff of my ink knife and got a good bit under his nose. i tried to wipe it off, but that went about as well as you might expect. just smeared the ink all under his nose!
silly boi! he hates it when i turn my back to him while inking and operating my press. so he sits on his bench and taps my shoulder until i turn and give him scritches.
luvs mah kittehs, yup, i do.

19 Likes

Usually what works for me is dried bonito flakes. I give it to Tabbyguy when he feels finicky about a particular flavor of wet food.

9 Likes

He’s actually nearing the end, we talked to his vet today, the fluid they removed last week came back pretty quick, so it was decided to just watch him at let him guide us.

But, he still does not appear to be in pain, his heart rate and breathing are normal and he’s still drinking water and using the bathroom.

He’s sleeping peacefully next to my wife on the couch.

We do have a doctor on speed dial that can come to the house if he goes downhill fast. She’s available 24 hours a day.

Thankfully we have nowhere to be this time of year so he gets our undivided attention and won’t be alone in the house.

18 Likes

Old Man can have all the whipped cream he wants! :broken_heart: :sob:
your obvious love is exemplary.
he is a beautiful, handsomme boi and is in the right home in this lifetime.
my heart goes out to you and a kitteh i never met, yet fell in love with all the same.
:heavy_heart_exclamation:

18 Likes

Sad Happy Tears GIF by Debby Ryan

12 Likes

It sounds bittersweet, having this extra time with your cat is a blessing though :slight_smile:

16 Likes

My wife and I talked about it, we’re glad we did the procedure last week even though it was a little stressful for him.

The vet said no guarantees but we had to try.

He’s surprised us several times since we found out how sick he was. He may do it again.

You never think about this stuff when you first bring them home.

16 Likes

Visiting the Lego bookshelf. Yes, we have an entire bookshelf for Legos

20 Likes

Uh, yeah, why would that be remarkable?

Jimmy Fallon Singing GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

12 Likes

It’s just the one?

12 Likes

Just finished another short pet-sit where I, as usual, became totally smitten with the animals. Here’s teeny, tiny, deaf and not at all shy Tilly, first keeping an eye on us and then sampling my dinner despite the fact I was not done with It!

And here’s the other part of the ‘us’ - Phoenix the flat coat retriever, who’s a funny, wriggly, bed-hogging boy.

18 Likes

He can’t get up there by himself anymore, he sits on the floor and looks where he wants to go and then looks at us.

He can get down to go drink water and potty but he comes back and asks for help. He’ll try if we’re not fast enough but he can’t quite make it.

He’s a smart boy but other than being really tired and missing a couple jumps he’s still comfortable.

The other kitties are being nice and giving him his space.

We have to wash his face after he eats, he really sticks his nose in it. His nose is usually pink.

19 Likes

Blissed out Bitey Cat from the warmth of the gas logs (out of frame)

22 Likes

Arabians are smart. Today Mystik showed me he’s figured out how to open the fucking electric fence gate on his stall

He’s very pleased with himself

22 Likes

Kentucky Derby Ok GIF

16 Likes

Take that, Clever Hans!

8 Likes

He’s very relaxed today.

He was resting with his head on the water dish, he’d wake up, drink a little, and then go back to sleep. He also ate quite a bit today.

Not as restless, just resting most of the day.

He had a little more energy this morning, my wife was right there just in case but he made it.

20240222_173008

25 Likes

wow.
that pic reflected in the water bowl is perfection :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
such a handsomme boi!

14 Likes

Grackles have returned to the area, roughly three weeks earlier than usual. I love their calls and piercing eyes.

Starlings below.

20 Likes

There’s a large oak tree in the front yard of the house across the street from us and for the last 2-3 days it’s been chock full of grackles. It’s been quite a racket, but i like grackles so the noise doesn’t bother me, it’s nice to hear lots of birds on the street

12 Likes