Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 2)

I’ve been noticing the docked ears of some cats in your photos. Is that a sign where you are of a cat who has been sterilized and released?

12 Likes

Yes.

The activists and vets call this method CED (an acronym that could roughly be translated as capture, sterilize and return to the original location). These actvists claim that this method is used on feral cats that probably wouldn´t be adopted anyway.

NGOs that take care of animals that live on the streets usually do this when it is not possible to take the animals to the shelters. Unfortunately, many people tend to abandon cats in parks and public buildings, even knowing it is a crime with the risk of fines or imprisonment.

They say they cut the ears in order to keep track of the neutered animals. So they do it in order to avoid having the cat going through the whole stressful process – again – of capture, going to the clinic, sedation, just to find out that it had gone through the operating room before.

I watched a video about that famous Japanese islet with hundreds of cats. Some of them also had their ears cropped in a similar way.

https://www.nippon.com/en/news/fnn20181019001/

14 Likes

Our outdoor cats get an ear tipped. Our shelter of choice also tattoos in the surgical area just in case a cat does make it back to a TNR facility or a vet and the ear tip isn’t obvious.

By outdoor I mean feral, none of our cats are outdoor.

10 Likes

Clearly crazy old man is giving seminars when we’re not home.

13 Likes

Grumpy.

19 Likes

I think they’re just tidying up after the flood. Lots of sand and soil goes in along with the rain, plugging up tunnels.

6 Likes

I was thinking, too, about how dirt in general swells up when it gets wet. Maybe they had to re-widen some of their tunnels to stay up-to-date with building-code requirements.

I looked again yesterday, and, while there’s still some sense of mounds around the entrances, the weird doughnut-shapes are gone now.

8 Likes

Yeah, I’m sure the water alone would be enough to collapse or destabilize some tunnel walls.

I imagine the wind makes short work of the doughnuts once the material has dried out,

6 Likes

17 Likes

Charlie being cuddled like a baby, and falling asleep.

15 Likes

Cheering Rooting GIF

11 Likes

More of the gatos. I think I need to buy another chair.

ETA: If you can’t immediately tell, Ruby (middle) is annoyed.

17 Likes
10 Likes
4 Likes

We’re about to get busy in our business so my wife was getting a head start on fall decorations.

Old man was having no part of it, he cleared the shelf this morning. Gotta order some more CA glue.

11 Likes

He does seem to manage to keep himself entertained! I love his expression. Does he just like shelving? Or is it the knocking things down he really goes for?
Been thinking about some cat shelving at my house

8 Likes

We have plenty of shelves that he can get on but for some reason he likes that one.

A couple years ago we tried some six inches double sided tape that was supposed to make it uncomfortable for him to walk on. He just layed on top of it. He’s very special.

What he’s doing is trying to get our attention when he gets hungry. His thyroid disease causes him to get really hungry but not on a regular schedule.

We try to ignore it so as not to reward the behavior but he is committed once he decides he needs something. We relocate him but he goes right back.

We try offering food every couple hours but it seems to come on fast. Dry food is always out, it’s the wet food he’s after.

The really frustrating thing is, sometimes he acts like he’s starving so we give him his favorite food and he just takes a small bite and the goes to sleep.

We figure he won’t be with us much longer so he gets a free pass. He’s a 16 year old toddler.

10 Likes

What about a glue gun? Easier to un-attach the items later.

4 Likes

The live Fish Cam from the Minnesota State Fair is back :smiley:
Runs through Labor Day 9/5/2022.

Each year the pond is stocked with about 40 different fish species that call Minnesota home.
There is no audio or night lighting available with this camera

This page has more info and some links to help you identify the fish:

8 Likes

Yay! The fish pond/tank was always one of my favorite things at the fair. I’m looking at the livestream right now, and therer’s one diva of a gar hogging the camera. :rofl:

8 Likes