Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

Not pictured: kitteh falling off the table 5 seconds later because as much as they love to put themselves on display, Siamese are as full of derp as they are beauty.

15 Likes

Indeed, “graceful” is not the adjective that immediately springs to my mind when I think of a Siamese cat.

I don’t need a Siamese cat as I already have a talkative creature the Burmese feels bothered by. But here are more 20th-century entertainment icons with Siamese:

(don’t overdo it with the Siamese: that way lies madness)

12 Likes

Yoda at 7 months after getting spayed (or neutered, whichever is done with female cats).

She was not amused with the collar. She found new and interesting ways to annoy me with it. Her favorite during that week was scraping the collar against wooden floor to get me out of bed.

18 Likes

Females are spayed. Males are neutered. Spaying removes both the ovaries and the uterus (usually, in dogs and cats. Sometimes they only remove the ovaries, rarely, they’ll remove the uterus and fallopians and “spare” the ovaries for their hormone production). Neutering just removes the testicles.

5 Likes

Wow, 19+ years old, and crushing it. Pet your pretty Lady for me.

8 Likes

I think there’s a hybrid in my woods. I hear a loud spotted owl shriek that transitions into the barred owl monkey hoot pretty often.

1 Like

Another shot of Scout. He’s a few months old now. And boy he’s got strong arms. He can wrap his arms around my leg and I’ll have a very hard time getting him to let go, even when he doesn’t have his claws out.

19 Likes

Our house is approaching “only” 100 years old… the older cat (skinny, will take all the heat he can get) long ago learned to recognize the sound of the radiators clanking as they warm up and stretches himself out on them.

(of course, I cannot seem to find a picture of him doing that)

8 Likes

Not a pet of ours, but one of my favorite shots from a petting zoo up near Brattleboro, VT.

18 Likes

(also not a pet) Shot from our “Sleeping with the Wolves” camping at the Wolf Conservation Center in New York (nywolf.org)

13 Likes

Cat cafe in NYC… wish I had framed the shot better…

17 Likes

Oh yeah. I also forgot that my dog thinks he’s people.

23 Likes

Why not? He looks like he’s doing a great job of being people right there in the photo! The human seems to be having a nice time also.

10 Likes

Sherlock staying warm.

26 Likes

Are his ears always like that, or is this in response to some stimulus? I would have a difficult time getting off the floor from all the LMAO this dog would inspire if he were a member of our clan.

Squee!!!

10 Likes

His ears are almost always like that. They sometimes droop a little, but still with the one sticking up more. It give him massive mind control powers, since no matter what he’s done, as soon as I look at him the ears trigger immediate adoration.

12 Likes

D’aww!!!

Figures, little gremlin. :wink: I have a hard time being mad at our ‘drunk cat’ even when he leaves a 1.5" uneven scratch in my arm in the middle of the night.

7 Likes

I hate when my cats don’t make the effort to at least make their scratches even…

5 Likes

Saddest cat in the word, trained to do scrimshaw.

2 Likes

The boys:

20 Likes