Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

Google says pipevine swallowtail:

12 Likes

Ah yes, that’s right, thanks!

8 Likes

Lazy Friday afternoon: the Ratel kitt is napping, why not everyone else?

10 Likes

10 Likes

I see you’ve perused a few issues of Playboy from the 70s… :wink:

3 Likes

9 Likes

Desk rat.

14 Likes

Is this your business associate?

Whenever I see pet rats it always makes me think of Templeton from Charlotte’s Web. “What’s in it for me?”

6 Likes

Ruby is confused and not amused.
We are sitting in a chair across the room from a mirror mounted on the wall. She barely caught her reflection in it and wanted to investigate, so I picked her up to show her. Of course, there was no strange cat over there, only herself. However, when we sat in the chair again that darn cat showed up in the mirror!

12 Likes

He’s technically my daughter’s pet, adopted from her school when a new classroom pet came with extra baggage. (Yes, I have “sucker” written all over me, apparently.) We originally adopted him and his brother, who we did name Templeton, but Templeton developed a fast growing tumor and had to be euthanized.

He’s quite charming, actually. The cylinder visible behind him is his hidey-hole where he snoozes while I work at my desk, and I tempt him to come out and explore some with a few treats. I’ve only forgotten to put him back in his cage once, but when I remembered in a panic and raced back, he was curled up in his tube, dozing away.

9 Likes

A most ridiculous creature.

What’s so funny?

14 Likes

Would you look at that?
I never thought this would happen. Ruby has been very pushy, squeezing past me and running into whatever room Tasha is in, so often that I just gave in this week and let them work it out while I am at home and awake. Ruby approaches, Tasha retreats, Tasha gets cornered and fights back. She’s bigger than Ruby, but she’s old and “ain’t got time for that.”
Finally, I found them in a quiet moment in the same chair!

12 Likes

Glad it’s not just my kitty that does silly flips like that!

3 Likes

Today on What’s Your Fetish? Tasha talks about her love for plastic bags, whether biting food bags or sleeping on grocery bags. Ruby explains her love of paper products, everything from paper wads and toilet paper to whole rolls of paper towels.

11 Likes

she hasn’t done anything like this in a while, but Copper ate my natural gas statement and a business card I had on the end-table a couple days ago. the letter was completely gone, it was two pages. some of the thick, coated 4-color printed cardstock (some kind of promotional ad) was left. business card: gone. the plastic on the envelope for the address window was crumpled and torn, otherwise the envelope was completely gone.

Luckily my bill just autodrafts from my bank account. “Honest, my dog ate it” probably wouldn’t generate much sympathy.

Geez, Cop, there’s food in your bowl, ya know.

7 Likes

I know why the caged kittle meows.

9 Likes

Outtakes:

9 Likes

Riding out a child’s birthday party in our bedroom:

11 Likes

Fig beetle on sunflower

14 Likes

Pandora Sphinx Moth, almost certainly female. Currently in a tupperware under my desk, awaiting transport to her new home. Roughly 4½ inch wingspread!

17 Likes