Postcard mailed to Americans to boast of Trump’s role in stimulus checks cost $28 million

I didn’t either. WTF?

1 Like

Other way around, the USPS paid for the privilege:

A postcard mailed to every American household that included coronavirus social distancing guidelines and also prominently featured President Donald Trump’s name cost the U.S. Postal Service $28 million

The cards cost $4.6 million to print and $28 million overall, according to USPS spokesman David Partenheimer, who was responding to documents obtained by USA TODAY. USPS and the administration are negotiating that reimbursement, he said.

2 Likes

I didn’t get that one either @nodolra

I did get that letter though @ficuswhisperer. That signature though. If they hadn’t printed it out I wouldn’t have been able to read it.

I saw all that fine print on the website for the card. Another reason to be very annoyed at how it was done. Screamed “Unnecessary grift by a 3rd party government contractor”.

I was able to transfer the money to my checking account but it took 3 consecutive days to do it without incurring fees. So the last of it is going to hit my account on Tuesday.

2 Likes

I got a direct deposit for my wife and I, though I had to go to the IRS website and give them my banking info in spite of the fact that I’ve had direct deposit/withdrawal for my taxes for at least five years. No follow up letters or postcard though. I say we start a class action suit for not getting our fair share of the $28 million narcissistic junk mail scheme.

1 Like

I didn’t mean to denigrate all 70+ y/o people, just that the people making the rules and installing vicious judges who will hold their post for decades shouldn’t be doing so unless they have vested interest in what happens decades from now.

Thank you for the trees. That’s really amazing and I wish more people would do it. We just moved in to a new house in the 'burbs and are planting some baby maples. Although I’m kind of pissed at the 60 foot oak in my front lawn. The pollen is starting to blow around into what look like disgusting tumbleweeds.

Why bother when it’s so much easier to just direct the details and collect your cut out of the public view?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.