Posters that mash up Talking Heads songs with pulp covers and vintage ads

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/08/same-as-it-ever-was-2.html

12 Likes

“Good place to get some thinking done”

T.H.

9 Likes

Damn Cory these are AWESOME!

Worthy of UBlock disable. Temp.

7 Likes

See, the moral panic-mongers were right all along.

Pulp novels really do promote gratuitous sax and violins.

5 Likes

Love these! Will have to wait for “Heaven, Heaven is a place, a place where nothing ever happens.” and “Love for Sale.”

3 Likes

Awesome songs but this is the one that most sounds like a magazine cover of some kind to me:

I mean, do you run out of kleenex, paper towel and toilet paper all at the same time?
You know it’s TRUE!

2 Likes

“Take Me to the River” is, of course, a cover

The original is by Al Green, but the Talking Heads version is more like this one

4 Likes

It would be fun to see how this works with “Nothing But Flowers” or “Cross-eyed & Painless” or “Don’t Worry 'Bout the Government.” And if the artist wants to branch out, there are probably some Steely Dan & Tom Waits & Roxy Music lyrics that would be worth a look …

2 Likes

Ohh, these are BEAUTIFUL, nice find. Talking Heads were my first “favourite band” and This Must Be The Place (included in this set) remains close to the old ticker. The Talking Heads plus pulp covers? Together at last :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m not that much of a Roxy Music fan, but pretty much everything Steely Dan and Tom Waits ever did.

Plus, Warren Zevon.

Cool.
A related book from 1987:

2 Likes

com-add-text

4 Likes

talking-heads-same-as-it

2 Likes

I own this. It is definitely a wonderful thing.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.