Potent Quoteables

Goal: Come up with a splendid turn of phrase for which there are no exact google results.

Background: since twitter has grown and grown, I’ve found it more and more likely that, for any witticism I might form, there would be some version of prior art. I don’t know how this has been covered in sci-fi (and I’d love to read versions of this futurism), but it’s definitely going to change how dialog and quips get written / sourced in the future. Personally, even if I thought one of my quips were perfect for a character, I would be tempted to not use it in order to keep intentional all use of callbacks/remixed content.

So, when I get one that I’m really proud of, and no-one has used it yet, sometimes I want to brag. But…not all of these are safe for all audiences. That’s one place where I need you mutants in my life.

Scoring: Scoring will be conducted annually, on a “best efforts” basis. Scoring will be calcuated as follows:

@Brainspore vs. Everyone Else.

It may take a few years, but I am confident that we shall overcome. Keep your pecker up. Go team.

6 Likes

The key to mooning is how you pull it off.

8 Likes

If you’re feeling ill, chillax with a brony.

2 Likes

A system’s “Nixon Number” is equal to the smallest number of conspirators capable of plausibly subverting it.

2 Likes

“Be yourself. Everyone else is already fakin’”

– Oscar Wildthing

7 Likes

“He left this world the same way he entered it: naked, screaming, and covered in his mother’s blood.”

6 Likes

“The only thing worse than someone who doesn’t understand you is someone who does.”

5 Likes

Don’t trust anyone who speaks in aphorisms.

3 Likes

Santorum in the hand is worse than Trump in Jeb Bush.

Needs tweaking… I’ll wiki it so that it can be tweaked by y’all

`___________________ ____ _____________                                               
\_   ___ \______   \    |   \____    /                                               
/    \  \/|       _/    |   / /     /                                                
\     \___|    |   \    |  / /     /_                                                
 \______  /____|_  /______/ /_______ \                                               
        \/       \/                 \/                                               
                                      /\      /\                                     
                                     / /     / /                                     
                                    / /     / /                                      
                                   / /     / /                                       
                                  / /     / /                                        
                                  \/      \/                                         
                                             __________ ____ ___  _________ ___ ___  
                                             \______   \    |   \/   _____//   |   \ 
                                              |    |  _/    |   /\_____  \/    ~    \
                                              |    |   \    |  / /        \    Y    /
                                              |______  /______/ /_______  /\___|_  / 
                                                     \/                 \/       \/

Even a double-edged sword still has a hilt.
A net for a minnow will not catch a moose.
Too many creeks roil the brook.

1 Like

Never play leap-frog with a unicorn.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 393 days. New replies are no longer allowed.