Power cut to Burbank restaurant is "complete dictatorship and quite communism," says enraged owner

Originally published at: Power cut to Burbank restaurant is "complete dictatorship and quite communism," says enraged owner | Boing Boing

2 Likes

wrong election 2016 GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

23 Likes

“complete dictatorship and quite communism.”

One can only wish…

2 Likes

2021-03-15 09_53_46-Clipboard

44 Likes

YES! immediately thought of doge when I read that!
“much communism”
“very dictatorship”
:laughing:

26 Likes

These rugged individualists tend to make a lot of category errors in regard to the matters on which they comment.

17 Likes

I’m very sorry to the owner who lost his business when the workers took control of the means of production, and nothing could be done because the state had disappeared at the start of a classless society.

I still don’t know where the complete dictatorship comes in. The owner maybe, angry at the loss of their power (in both meanings)?

25 Likes

Why not just throw “cultural Marxism” in there while you’re at it?

10 Likes

the first being that label…

im guessing they shut off water and sewer next?

i don’t know why people are always tying to cancel coronavirus. it has rights too you know

6 Likes

Isn’t it funny how these authoritarians get so upset when the state decides to act against them?

It’s like screaming Blue Lives Matter at the officer that you are beating to death with a fire extinguisher…

13 Likes

Duh.

14 Likes

As a former revenue collector for another CA county tax collector’s office, chaining doors shut was a regular tool for those businesses who refused to pay property taxes. I know they just want to legally cover themselves, but if they check with their county tax collector, they’d be happy to do it for them.

3 Likes

I’m actually surprised they needed to resort to cutting the power. They said in the story they had already revoked his restaurant license and health permit, so I would think they’d be within their rights to simply arrest the owners for continuing to operate? Anyone know Burbank or California law who can clarify?

12 Likes

So Marxist. Wow!

9 Likes

Communism is such a bogeyman for conservatives.

It’s hilarious that none of them seem to know what it is.

11 Likes

No, there’s reasons behind laws… especially for folks who refuse to stop acting like dickheads.

6 Likes

The Doge, being a merchant prince of Venice and all, is practically an expert on exercises of state power.

14 Likes

Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 16.12.01

19 Likes

“Quite communism?” How aggressively illiterate!

9 Likes

“We’re in a state of total Anarchy right now,
where the Dictators of City Council can;
spouting their Communistic public safety rhetoric,
shut off our power and water.
I’m totally voting against all of them in the next election!”

5 Likes