Practice making eye-contact with people

Kinda creepy. Inauthentic at best.

I’ve noticed they’ve managed to make the recommendation algorithm even worse, somehow. I liked it when it would recommend things a bit like what the thing actually playing was. I discovered lots of amazing music that way (music which I now cannot fucking find, because I used ‘putting the thing that recommended it on’ to locate said tunes). Now it just gives me a random mishmash of stuff I’ve listened to recently, which is no good if I want some nice Jazz to cook to, and it tells me I might like to listen to Speed Metal or Townes Van Zandt, depending what kind of Drunk Youtube I did the night before. Fuckers.

2 Likes

Yes. It’s quite an experience. Just watching this video is more like watching a movie for me, however. No dice.

Sounds like me.

Jump to 1:00

The eyes. Die Augen.

That was the nicest bit of human contact I’ve had all afternoon. It felt like she really understands me.

4 Likes

That’s a good point. I’m autistic and it is difficult for me to read expressions. I’m good enough at it, but it took several decades and a lot of uncomfortable social exposure to get to that point.

3 Likes

Yeah, constant eye-contact would be pretty intense. I think it depends a lot on the circumstances but it’s something I noticed myself doing a little while ago and have been trying to improve. The problem with making no eye-contact is I appear to not be interested in the person I’m talking to.

I’m going to buy her a car.

1 Like

It is. Around midnight, my flatmate’s girlfriend and I started a staring contest. “First who looks away, loses”. At two hours, we called it a draw. Because neither of us could stand the snot and tears that started to develop as a result.

That might be a slightly different thing. Constant eye contact is “intense” and a lot of people are put off by it.

There was a Japanese eye-contact DVD in the news about ten years ago.

https://www.wired.com/2008/11/eye-contact-tra/

Nope.avi to any eye contact. I hate it. Nope nope nope nope. *hides*

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.