Prankster puts fake AirPod stickers on city streets

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/18/prankster-puts-fake-airpod-sti.html

1 Like

Pablo Rochat tweeted: “I made life-size AirPod stickers and stuck them on the ground, all over the city :clown_face:

Pablo, you get nothing for Xmas this year.

9 Likes

Thanks for littering.

(Christ, what an asshole?)

8 Likes

Sure, post a video of you placing a sticker, but it’s not funny until you have a couple minutes complied of people trying to pick it up.

I pick up all kinds of things off the ground but would probably give a hard pass to a single airpod, probably scuffed and water-damaged (if my young eyes couldn’t already tell it was only a sticker).

3 Likes

Many members of my wife’s family were in the construction trades, and they thought it the height of comedy to float a coin into the top of a freshly poured concrete floor. Every house or garage they built would have a sparkly coin appear to be lying on the floor somewhere, causing all passersby to bend down to try to pick it up at least once.

Hilarious, right?

I was just thinking that although I wouldn’t try to pick it up, I’d probably break my ankle trying to avoid stepping on the thing once I finally noticed it at the last minute, just before my foot went down.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t even attempt to pick one up, though I might try to kick it out of my way. Hard wired IEMs all the way, baby!

3 Likes

All cleverness in the method of produced mimicry, almost zero cleverness in the choice-of-target.

Prankscore: 4/10

2 Likes

Why do I have my doubts that he went back and cleaned up his mess?

3 Likes

How droll. About as funny as this sticker:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.