President appointments: Pence already filling in for Trump

Repeated, concentrated, indoor exposure for long work shifts, under stress, fatigue and a completely overburdened infrastructure (I hesitate to call it a health “system” in some parts of our nation) means, yes,

this.

And even if some HCWs are lucky enough to get PAPRs, there are simply not enough PAPRs available to supply every single HCW, regardless of whether he/she/they get fresh N95 masks or instead are forced to reuse them after some version of having it cleaned/sterilized (or not).

I have a few friends who are clinicians (MDs), and a few neighbors who are RNs, here in central Texas, and the stories they tell me feature uncooperative political (as in, people who are holding political offices in various state/county/city government) nitwits who eschew best HC practices in favor of falling in line with our Gubner Abbott and “keeping the numbers down” WTFTM:

:roll_eyes:

These subtle details are exactly the sort lost on most of the Cult45 supporters who I live near and sometimes work with. I sense they are representative of a mindset common among supporters of the current regime. Some tell me they do fear falling ill with the virus, but absolutely support the orangebadman and have yard signs to prove it. It probably goes without saying [but I will say] these supporters I talk with are all white. I am not. They are unapologetic.

comovasavotarestano

https://www.zazzle.com/democrat_vs_pendejo_yard_sign-256390739643336759

I don’t feel safe putting up a sign like that in my neighborhood. I’ve got signs for the down ballot Dems, who I am hoping will flip Texas blue.

9 Likes

It’s not clear if that was happening as consistently as it should have (he was supposed to get tested on his own before the debate, but maybe it didn’t happen?), but yeah, the White House’s official version got blown out of the water when the doctor let slip they’d had the diagnosis for 72 hours - i.e. Wednesday morning - at least 24 hours more than they’d previously admitted to. (Which means he went to two events and exposed people to the virus after he knew, not just one.)

3 Likes

They literally flinch if you get too close to them

basically the opposite of Trump’s grab-and-grope handshakes

6 Likes

Word; with those I’ve known, you could visibly observe their reluctance to be near other people.

5 Likes

Which is much the same as saying my grandfather lived to 102 and he smoked 20 cigarettes a day his whole life so smoking can’t be that bad for you.

The same fuckwits screaming about freedom to not wear masks should be asked if drivers should be free to get pissed whenever they like and drive around severely intoxicated. Who cares if they crash into others causing death and injury, as long as their ‘freedoms’ aren’t infringed!

Why should society - let alone individuals - do ANYTHING to improve the safety of others? /s

6 Likes

I’m fairly sure a large number of Trump supporters would enthusiastically support that, actually. And I’m not being facetious.

9 Likes

Amen. We now have 2 nurses down. It’s only a matter of time and statistics. Nothing is 100% effective, and if enough bullets are sent your way, 99.9% effectiveness will fail eventually.

10 Likes

Pence may be filling in for Trump, but if we can get him swept out in a landslide vote, we can get out from under the tsunami of bullshit we are currently experiencing.

3 Likes

They really ought to put Herman Cain on that. Maybe have Eric sit in to get the right level of “covfefe.”

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.