Leaks from inside Trump's White House suggest staff are alarmed by his volatile and erratic conduct

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/02/07/trumpyleaks.html

6 Likes

But you know, Hillary was the exact same

and had emails

53 Likes

Is it too soon to take bets how long he will stay president?

5 Likes

You haven’t started?

How about, taking bets on tRump succumbing to dementia? If he’s not doing this shit on purpose, and honestly making all these mistakes, it seems likely that his brain is rotting.

26 Likes

Remember that Hillary Clinton campaign ad from 2008?

I guess I always assumed the President was supposed to be the one receiving the alarming 3am phone call.

30 Likes

Seriously talking here, I think he is actually mentally ill. It could be an early onset of dementia or something else, in any case he should removed from office for the good of everybody, himself included.

17 Likes

Impeachment proceedings should’ve started the day he took office. Of course with the way he acts, he never should’ve been elected.

But they didn’t and he was.

So at this point I don’t think there can be any new outrage or erratic behavior which would get him impeached UNLESS he manages to hit upon some action that completely throws a wrench into the Republican agenda. Even then congress might be willing to work around him, as long as he signs the paperwork once in awhile.

26 Likes

I know if I was Mike Pence, I’d be leaking stuff like crazy…

35 Likes

Flynn is the National Security Advisor, not the Secretary of Defense (James Mattis). Doesn’t really change the story, of course, but YOU ARE FAKE NEWS. :wink:

14 Likes

So… You’re WANTING pence in office?

His brain is probably fine from a neurophysiological standpoint. I mean, sure, a 70-year-old with dementia is hardly unheard of, but that doesn’t explain why the same people who nursed him through the election are suddenly freaking out just in these exact few weeks, or arguably the last couple of months.

What’s changed? He came down off of a huge emotional high (winning the election, FUCK YOU HATERS EAT SHIT FOREVER) and everything since then has either boring or stressful and he can’t go ten seconds without hearing about someone else who didn’t get the memo about how he FUCKING WON FOREVER YOU LOSER PIECES OF SHIT WHAT DON’T YOU GET ABOUT THAT WHY ARE YOU EVEN STILL ALIVE.

His brain isn’t rotting; his mind is breaking. He’s a narcissist and a megalomaniac who is literally the most powerful and famous person on the planet and it’s STILL NOT ENOUGH. Of course he’s going to start losing it. It’s so textbook they’re going to recalibrate the textbooks to him.

Dementia will be the revisionist lie people spread after he’s dead to salvage their reputations, or explain why they voted for him. (“You don’t understand, he was just fine before the sudden and incredibly rapid onset of Alzheimer’s that just coincidentally set in around mid-November. Totally normal dude. What a tragedy, that he could be so totally altered by that terrible disease that nobody could have foreseen.”)

75 Likes

No. But… Ugh.

Pence is worse in some important ways.

But I think he’s sane enough to not touch off a nuclear war. I’m near-convinced 45 has it near the top of his agenda.

25 Likes

I think BoingBoing once asked if Trump was incompetent or mounting a coup. My answer is Trump is incompetent and Pence and Bannon are mounting a coup.
He will stay president until he has signed all the legislation that the Rethuglican Congress wants signed, and approved all of the incompetent/corrupt cabinet nominees. Then they will impeach him, and Pence will take over as president and appoint Bannon as vice president.

35 Likes

Are they that organized?

From this point forward everything he does will be referred to (by me) as ‘the Republican agenda, the Republican president, the Republican leader’ etc. I have typed and spoken his name for the last time - from this point on he is ‘45’. And may we soon move on to numbers 46 and 47.

Honestly I think Trump and Pence are both dangerous, but for different reasons.

Pence has a regressive agenda and may screw over all of you Americans. That would suck, but not as much as 45 having a panic attack or rage fit when something doesn’t go his way and starting up a shooting war that nobody can win.

Honestly, 45 is in a death spiral and for some reason he has been given the controls of the airplane. Get him out, get Pence in and then have a good old political battle over rights and policy etc. Sure, he will be a disaster for women, LGBTQ etc. Fight him every day in every way.

But for all our sakes, get that lunatic out of office and away from the nuclear trigger.

God I wish that last line was hyperbole.

36 Likes

I suspect it might be permanent White House staff, not campaign staff, that are leaking these tidbits.

17 Likes

Mostly agreeing, but I wonder if he just doesn’t give a shit about being President as many of us expect it to be done. I mean, it would bother him hugely if someone, somewhere doesn’t think he’s the greatest President ever, absolutely the best, but the problem (as he sees it) is that they’re thinking wrong, not that he’s doing anything wrong. I don’t think he’s grading himself the same way we’re grading him.

I see the death spiral really spinning up when external evidence conflicting with his internal reality becomes so overwhelming that he can’t ignore it any more. .

12 Likes

Can we start calling Pence ‘46’ yet?

5 Likes

Great civilizations have survived mad, bad emperors. Rome survived Caligula, Nero, Commodus, etc. China has survived numerous bad emperors, right up to Mao.Take heart, I realize it’s easy for me to say this from outside the U.S.A., but the best and brightest will prevail. Sic semper tyrannis.

10 Likes

Yeah. Um, are we still that great? All of those countries you mention? Yeah, they all had their own last emperor at some point.

16 Likes

I like 45a for him. Just like house numbering.

As for 45, I’m reminded of the guy in Alien 3 called 85. :slight_smile:

15 Likes