Trump says Bannon has "lost his mind"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/01/03/trump-says-bannon-has-lost-h.html

8 Likes

More talented than ol’ Abe Lincoln himself, it would seem.

This is one of those “many people say” things that only Trump himself and the voices in his head are saying. Meanwhile, I seem to recall that field of candidates being most often described as “the clown car.”

49 Likes

479389__safe_solo_animated_discord_reaction%20image_caption_season%204_drama_spoiler-colon-s04e02_princess%20twilight%20sparkle%20-dash-%20part%202

This just might be fun. Dare we hope that Bannon provokes Trump into blurting out something truly damaging and/or self-incriminating?

38 Likes

Trump is certifiable. Every statement he makes sounds like a spoiled toddler who was just told they had to share. He is all the kids that didn’t make it at wonka’s chocolate factory rolled into one. What a winner.

42 Likes

“Now that he is on his own, Steve is learning that winning isn’t as easy as I make it look.”

The self sucking noise is loud with these two.

13 Likes

Well, let’s say that talent is a measurable trait. Clearly zero talent would be present in non-living things. But every person would have some amount of talent, quite a bit more than talent “absolute zero”. In fact, we’d probably say that the gap in talent between a fairly talented person and a not-very talented person is less than the gap in talent between the not-very talented person and a vacuum. To use the heat example, a very hot drink might be 100 degrees hotter than a very cold one, but the very cold one is still 273 degrees hotter than nothing at all. If that holds true, a very talented person may contain only 25% to 35% more talent than an extremely untalented person.

So, if we add up the talent present in the field in the last race, we add 17 times the minimum amount of talent that would likely be more talent than had been present in any previous republican primary in 100 years.

But presumably there has been some amount of human talent inflation since the early 20th century. Advancements in technology have necessitated that and improved education has facilitated it. If there was even a 1% or 2% increase per year in the average amount of human talent, we can see that this field would outstrip any previous field of candidates.

I assume this is what Trump meant.

17 Likes

Steve had very little to do with our historic victory…
He ran your campaign, wrote your speeches, and devised your media strategy.

our historic victory, which was delivered by the forgotten men and women of this country.
That’s just creepy. Who are these “forgotten men and women”? Millionaires?

34 Likes

At least we’ll get to watch the rats eat each other before we all go up in a cloud of radioactive ash.

34 Likes

Watching the Trump supporters on Reddit turn on Bannon within the same thread where they were praising him this morning and calling the MSM liars for reporting what Bannon had said as fake news is getting too many pieces of popcorn stuck in my teeth.

37 Likes

Pot. Kettle.

10 Likes

yep

20 Likes

What does it say about Trump’s judgment that he once trusted this guy so much?

31 Likes

http://www.slate.com/content/dam/slate/uploads/2016/5/2/carlyfalling.gif.CROP.original-original.gif

4 Likes

Trump’s zero-to-bus-throwing time is really impressive.

32 Likes

I’m sure that is what he was thinking.

Me, I’m not at all sure what “talent” is or if there is such a thing.

1 Like

On Breitbart, the post-bots are cranked up so that any real discussion is rapidly buried.

2 Likes

True, if by base Trump means billionaires.

5 Likes

Jesus Christ, Trump’s statement is ridiculous. So many obviously wrong points (“Bannon has nothing to do with me or my Presidency”, pfft), so much pettiness combined with grandiosity.

I don’t know if American politics can ever recover from Trump, even if a rational and competent leftist candidate takes the oath next, the right-wing will just go more apeshit than they did under Obama, queuing up someone even more unhinged than Trump.

22 Likes

TRUMP says bannon what…? wow, that’s rich.

3 Likes

Do you reckon Bannon might actually be able to do real damage to the Trump administration? On the one hand, maybe he did have a significant role in bringing Trump to power. On the other hand, all his frothing didn’t seem to do much damage to Obama.

5 Likes